Pantoufle

BFA PVP Season 2

28 posts in this topic

Arena swag image.jpg

It's been about 2 weeks since the Sinister Gladiator PVP season started on our BFA realm, Sethraliss and we wanted to take this opportunity to first congratulate all gladiators from the Dread Gladiator season, and then talk a bit about this second season: the changes we made, and what's planned.

BlueLine.png

DREAD GLADIATOR SEASON RECAP

As announced in our end of season 1 post, we decided to reward both the 3v3 and the 2v2 bracket on Firestorm. We know that's not how it is on retail but the thing is we don't have nearly as many players as retail, which makes playing 3v3 tedious and thus makes 2v2 an easier alternative since it requires less people queueing at the same time.
We understand that 3v3 is where the team composition and strategy really shines, and it's what makes it so thrilling, but the reality is that players tend to abandon this bracket and prefer to focus on 2v2 on Firestorm.

With that cleared up, here is the list of our season 1 gladiators:

Rank 1 Achievement (Dread Gladiator title, also includes the Gladiator title):

• 3v3 Bracket (>2k rating)
    • Kylíejénner
    • Lastrequiem
    • Rowdy
    • Pentikor
    • Яхико
    • Чишимнелапу

• 2v2 Bracket (>3k rating)
    • Momohennì
    • Baranovic
    • Яхико
    • Tokuchi
    • Nickrosh
    • Dinzorequiem
    • Ccrogordie
    • Vengevin
    • Roamiqez
    • Vlideir
    • Yarkiel
    • Misturtle
    • Insulolz

Gladiator Achievement:

This achievement is being handled automatically in the 3v3 bracket, we gave it to the top 25 players of the 2v2 bracket as well: so the 13 people listed above, plus: Bérgen, Dolittleyo, Kylíejénner, Hardia, Фус, Porstarjager, Ilyzorka, Kakegurui, Voidslave, Wìntrader, Армагеддонд and Чебат.

BlueLine.png

GLADIATOR TITLES CLEANING

The Gladiator title is supposed to be a title that you only keep for one season: it's supposed to show everyone that you're fairly capable in PVP.
The issue was that on Firestorm, once you had this title it was never removed: you could have had it on MoP 5 years ago, transfer your character from expansion to expansion, and still have it on BFA today, which doesn't make much sens: you should keep the seasonal gladiator titles, to show everyone how strong you were on that particular season, but being a champion 5 years ago doesn't mean you're still capable of throwing a good punch!

With that being said, we removed the title on every character that doesn't have the gladiator BFA season 1 achievement (25 people received it from the 2v2 bracket, listed above, plus around 15 that had it from 3v3 generically) or the gladiator BFA season 2 achievement: Now when you'll see a Gladiator, you can be sure he's someone still worthy of the season 2 throne!

Once the season 2 is over and the season 3 has started, we'll remove the title to people that don't have the season 2 or season 3 achievement, meaning those that only had it in season 1 will lose it: we have to do it that way because we're giving the gladiator title in 2v2 at the end of a season, and it would be pointless to directly remove it.

Note: We are aware that the other rank titles (combatant, rival, duelist, and challenger) are supposed to work in the same way, but they didn't feel as important to fix as the gladiator one which is the highest rank.

We also removed the Dread Gladiator and Sinister Gladiator titles to anyone that didn't have its corresponding achievement: since Blizzard re-used old title ids for those 2, several people got their hand on them, which was obviously not intended.

BlueLine.png

SEASON 2 CHANGES & PLANS

During the development of the 8.2 client, we took so time to look into PVP and one of our developers made some improvements to the whole system:

• First of all, PVP Brawls have been added: Southshore vs. Tarren Mill / Gravity Lapse / Arathi Blizzard / Packed House / Warsong Scramble / Deep Six are all part of the pool. Every two weeks, one of them will be available, each with their own custom rules: give it a try!
  • Rating changes calculations have been improved to avoid abuse cases by teaming up with someone whose rating is very far from yours, or leaving the arena mid-game.
  • Queuing improvements (those went live only a couple days ago): the system tries to match your team against one that's around your MMR. Each minute that passes extends the search "range", and if you're in queue for 10mins you'll be match against anyone regardless of MMR.
  • Match History logs has been improved: as soon as a match is found, all participants are logged: even if some leave the match at some point, everyone will appear on the match history. (We're aware that the damage/heal/kill/death log is sometimes wrong in some circumstances)
  • Even though this is not exclusive to PVP, we now have a Role Check system: your "friends" won't be able to sneak tag when you're grouped with them!

On top of that, we have a few additional ideas, among others:

• logging traits, talents & honor talents of all players in the match history.
  • adding a spectator / replay feature.

Both would be enjoyable improvements for players, and would also make it easier for us to spot potential issues with certain spell interractions.

Finally, as you may have guessed, we also plan on giving rewards for the 2v2 bracket on season 2, in continuation with what we've been doing for a while.
If you have any suggestions concerning PVP as a whole (what you'd like to see added, what could use some change, etc) feel free to comment under this thread, or contact an administrator on discord!

Thank you for reading, and good luck to every fighter out there!
The Firestorm Team

6 people like this

Great! Would love to see a arena spectator or replay feature this could also help improvement on catching people wintrading and so forth. A person thinks twice about doing something illegal if they are being watched. :)

1 person likes this

Hey, i really don't like whining about this i mean everyone wants that firestorm earn some cash to backup server but.. Well there is literally no balance or fun in pvp. The templates here is totally suck. Unlike legion the armor and hp is not scale correctly nor the damages. When a full geared ( mostly staff members wich earns free coin each month ) gets into arena 300k hp 30 ilvl and 10 trait difference is might seems low to you guys but for those whom love to do arena it's literally f.ck fest. Seen a guy wich doubles your hp in arena and your damage of course is very much disapointing. Not the mention that they grinds arena without any sweat. On the legion even if you get full gear thanks to templates there wasn't any big differences. But here is like full gear 1 player worth regular 2 player in both hps and dps. I am not saying remove the f.kin full gear option since you might be earning some support but at least fix the damn templates properly so people can enjoy arenas and pvp fairly.

4 people like this

i wonder why bfa ladder full of 1.5 players

3 people like this

37 minutes ago, deazz said:

Hey, i really don't like whining about this i mean everyone wants that firestorm earn some cash to backup server but.. Well there is literally no balance or fun in pvp. The templates here is totally suck. Unlike legion the armor and hp is not scale correctly nor the damages. When a full geared ( mostly staff members wich earns free coin each month ) gets into arena 300k hp 30 ilvl and 10 trait difference is might seems low to you guys but for those whom love to do arena it's literally f.ck fest. Seen a guy wich doubles your hp in arena and your damage of course is very much disapointing. Not the mention that they grinds arena without any sweat. On the legion even if you get full gear thanks to templates there wasn't any big differences. But here is like full gear 1 player worth regular 2 player in both hps and dps. I am not saying remove the f.kin full gear option since you might be earning some support but at least fix the damn templates properly so people can enjoy arenas and pvp fairly.

The update only increased the ilvl of 30, all of which is obtainable ingame, both through pve and pvp. Currently u can buy azerite 415 (420) from the vendor ingame, true u can optain this instantly through the shop, but for quite a lot of money. if u farmed max ilvl season1, u would have around 400ish ilvl currently, and with a few weeks of resets and now raid, u could be 410ish, which only is 10item levels lower than what a person who bought the gear from shop has. which is no where near double the amount of hp.

So if the problem is that u did not keep up in ilvl on season1, and didnt really play that much or w/e and u are now very far behind in the gear grind, that is not on the shop.

EDIT: Yes to get that high ilvl fast, u would need to do pve even as a pvp player, but that is the fault of the exspansion not FS or the shop.

Edited by tweek

57 minutes ago, StewMaker said:

Great! Would love to see a arena spectator or replay feature this could also help improvement on catching people wintrading and so forth. A person thinks twice about doing something illegal if they are being watched. :)

Hello,

We already have the intention to make that happen regarding Arena Spectator and Replay feature as we mentioned in that post but we also improved the Match history logs to avoid the problems that happened in the previous season.

Best for PVP is fix all buggs for all classes. 

3 people like this

I think arena should be reset since all of these changes have been made 

ok yea jmvc xD

On 05/12/2019 at 6:43 PM, katachimi123 said:

i wonder why bfa ladder full of 1.5 players

Imagine loosing against 1.5 players omegalul. Some of them are high in retail don't be jealous and stop wintrade ;)

50 minutes ago, coucoucmoi said:

Imagine loosing against 1.5 players omegalul. Some of them are high in retail don't be jealous and stop wintrade ;)

Everyone can loose to 1.5 players in bfa Cuz the classes are so easy to play, im 110% sure i cant loose to any of those in other expacs. And yeah if u are one of the 2v2 players who buy gear from shop just dont @ me please.

Edited by katachimi123
1 person likes this

Open an instant 120 BfA realm already.

We've had one every expansion since WoD. Couldn’t see any reason to not make one for BfA. 

I also agree, that the previous one on Legion (Greymane) was considered a disaster by many people, but also was very unsuccessful as a whole realm.

This was particularly not because the system of an instant realm is bad, but rather because the realm was terribly terrible designed which led in inactivity by many players, as it didn’t offer many options and was really stressing for alts and gearing in general compared to the pve realm, where it was much much easier to get gear.

Many suggestions and opinions have been given to improve the realm, but very few of it got considered due to lack of time according to an admin.

The tournament realm on WoD have been the most successful realm in PvP that any server had ever offered along with AT. It was really really well designed and offered a lot of options, like transmog vendor, mount vendor, gear vendor etc. 

The reason why it has been so successful as a whole is not only because it was well designed, but also because we had an admin, who was in charge for the entire realm, did. consider most Players suggestions and did play the realm as well, not only doing some discord announcements here and there.

If you ever consider opening a BfA PvP realm, u should put someone in charge for the realm, who knows his shit. Talks to players, plays with them. Has experience of how a well designed PvP has to look like etc. Considering all those and you will have a very successful realm in long term.

Shelby can message me on discord, if he wants a concept. I’ve a concept ready for a PvP realm on BfA. Just needs some adjustments, which I can do, if there’s the wish to open a PvP realm. 

regards.

Cara

1 hour ago, wekzys22223 said:

Open an instant 120 BfA realm already.

We've had one every expansion since WoD. Couldn’t see any reason to not make one for BfA. 

I also agree, that the previous one on Legion (Greymane) was considered a disaster by many people, but also was very unsuccessful as a whole realm.

This was particularly not because the system of an instant realm is bad, but rather because the realm was terribly terrible designed which led in inactivity by many players, as it didn’t offer many options and was really stressing for alts and gearing in general compared to the pve realm, where it was much much easier to get gear.

Many suggestions and opinions have been given to improve the realm, but very few of it got considered due to lack of time according to an admin.

The tournament realm on WoD have been the most successful realm in PvP that any server had ever offered along with AT. It was really really well designed and offered a lot of options, like transmog vendor, mount vendor, gear vendor etc. 

The reason why it has been so successful as a whole is not only because it was well designed, but also because we had an admin, who was in charge for the entire realm, did. consider most Players suggestions and did play the realm as well, not only doing some discord announcements here and there.

If you ever consider opening a BfA PvP realm, u should put someone in charge for the realm, who knows his shit. Talks to players, plays with them. Has experience of how a well designed PvP has to look like etc. Considering all those and you will have a very successful realm in long term.

Shelby can message me on discord, if he wants a concept. I’ve a concept ready for a PvP realm on BfA. Just needs some adjustments, which I can do, if there’s the wish to open a PvP realm. 

regards.

Cara

a pvp realm is just bad in every way.

when u have such a realm consequences for cheating is so diminished u really dont care.
WoD had added spells, wintraders left and right, the admin of the realm literally got fired for giving people stuff.

You people need to stop crying and get it into your mind, that this is an MMORPG, u actually have to play the game, if u want free shit and only play pvp simulator, then unlucky.

u got retail, u don't want to play retail because its too much grinding and shit right?

I am sorry but warcraft might not be the game for you then, there is literally 0 reason to make a pvp realm, only reason would be to get several thousand people who loves to pvp and only wants to pvp to the realm, but here is the kicker, that was possible in wod and mop, u can't do that in BfA there aint even that amount who wants to pvp on retail.

Making a realm for 100 people in the entire world who does pvp on pserver bfa, just aint worth it.

1 person likes this

Ye PVP experience here is bad. Normal players must play vs €€ (pay2win) players. Absolutely unbalanced when you start play and you have 390 ilvl vs 425 and soket geared players youu have 0% chance to win. 
I know, we need money but this is /facepalm.
Best for pvp is stop selling max ilvl items on shop.
(Why dont sell Mounts, tranmosgs, enchant illusions,pets,toys,etc)
Or sell items but not 425 ilvl, maybe 410 or lootboxes as in legion.

4 people like this

On 06/12/2019 at 10:36 PM, katachimi123 said:

Everyone can loose to 1.5 players in bfa Cuz the classes are so easy to play, im 110% sure i cant loose to any of those in other expacs. And yeah if u are one of the 2v2 players who buy gear from shop just dont @ me please.

you shouldn't on FS and sorry i just @ loosers kappa

Edited by coucoucmoi

On 05.12.2019 at 8:48 PM, tweek said:

The update only increased the ilvl of 30, all of which is obtainable ingame, both through pve and pvp. Currently u can buy azerite 415 (420) from the vendor ingame, true u can optain this instantly through the shop, but for quite a lot of money. if u farmed max ilvl season1, u would have around 400ish ilvl currently, and with a few weeks of resets and now raid, u could be 410ish, which only is 10item levels lower than what a person who bought the gear from shop has. which is no where near double the amount of hp.

So if the problem is that u did not keep up in ilvl on season1, and didnt really play that much or w/e and u are now very far behind in the gear grind, that is not on the shop.

EDIT: Yes to get that high ilvl fast, u would need to do pve even as a pvp player, but that is the fault of the exspansion not FS or the shop.

Dude i don't wanna be mean to you but you literally know zero shit about pvp. 30 ilvl dosent make difference? Here a hunter 425 full geared vs 405 monk dmg now dont come here and tell me '' its because he is hunter '' did you ever get hit by 200k eyebeam ? or fucking 200k temple verdict ? or literally 180k rampage ? no i don't think so sir go do some rated matches with 400 ilvl against people with 425 ilvl and share your results so we can say that you know something at least. 

Sorry for been rude but this is it. This is how the pvp works in firestorm.

WoWScrnShot_121019_223448.jpg

2 people like this

13 hours ago, deazz said:

Dude i don't wanna be mean to you but you literally know zero shit about pvp. 30 ilvl dosent make difference? Here a hunter 425 full geared vs 405 monk dmg now dont come here and tell me '' its because he is hunter '' did you ever get hit by 200k eyebeam ? or fucking 200k temple verdict ? or literally 180k rampage ? no i don't think so sir go do some rated matches with 400 ilvl against people with 425 ilvl and share your results so we can say that you know something at least. 

Sorry for been rude but this is it. This is how the pvp works in firestorm.

WoWScrnShot_121019_223448.jpg

Yes this is reason why is PVP on FS joke.... 

2 people like this

On 9.12.2019 at 4:28 AM, satzioflax said:

oh and not even your weekly pvp chest works properly since many of my friends that includes me failed to get one ever since the first week no matter how much we fill that shitty bar. Very fair pvp season indeed. 

https://gyazo.com/bfc125f04bfdacb9d3e932b7de0f7e3d how does it not work?

On 09.12.2019 at 5:29 PM, xawen said:

Ye PVP experience here is bad. Normal players must play vs €€ (pay2win) players. Absolutely unbalanced when you start play and you have 390 ilvl vs 425 and soket geared players youu have 0% chance to win. 
I know, we need money but this is /facepalm.
Best for pvp is stop selling max ilvl items on shop.
(Why dont sell Mounts, tranmosgs, enchant illusions,pets,toys,etc)
Or sell items but not 425 ilvl, maybe 410 or lootboxes as in legion.

I fully support you and i think need begin with, at the start of the PVP season, you had to make a cap item of LVL for Arena 400. Not 425 for donate.

Edited by Metlx

can you fix epic random battleground Please Need more fun What's going on

1. ello Gm im come from iran and then goverment block your ip server and we cant play normal some days we have proxy ip but now they block this too would you pls give us an othere proxy ip to we can play normaly with out a vpn? and pls dont say it in the web cuz ppl will report it again and the goverment block it again if you can say it to me and i have to many group of ppl to want to play on this server and i trust them they not report the ip ty so much

What doing with Epic Bg ?? When go fix ? 

When is the season going to end for the other expansions?