Pantoufle

Winter Veil on Firestorm!

10 posts in this topic

Winter Veil.png

Winter Veil is all about sharing: with families, friends, collegues (not everyone has holidays... good luck to those that don't!) it's a nice moment where you trade gifts, kind words & happy thoughts!
We wanted to do something special on Firestorm as well, and we planned several things to make sure everyone gets something out of it, so keep reading until the end!

BlueLine.png

SHOP PROMOTION 30%

news.jpg

Until Monday, 30th December 10:00AM Server Time, every Firestorm Point purchase will include 30% extra points! Our shop just got updated on BFA, so take this chance to grab what you want at a discount, or to save some points for later...

BlueLine.png

WINTER VEIL GIVEAWAY

2019HOLYDAYSGIVEAWAY EN.png

It has already started, but you have until January 2nd to participate, and have a chance at winning some Firestorm Point, a wintery mount: The Vulpine Familiar and more! 10 winners on Discord, and 10 on Gleam: but you are obviously allowed to participate in both!

BlueLine.png

x10 EXP ON ALL OF OUR REALMS

news.png

Starting Friday, 27th December 4:00PM, until Thursday, 2nd January 10:00AM Server Time, on each of our realms you will be able to set your EXP modifier to x10 by talking to the NPC Toran, the Experience Master, located in every starting zone & main cities! 

BlueLine.png

A GIFT FOR YOU!

Elegon.jpg

On Garrosh (MOP), Sylvanas (Legion) and Sethraliss (BFA) during the 'Winter Veil' event (which is already up, and should last until January 2nd), you can go talk to the NPC GreatFather Winter located in Ironforge for the Alliance, and Orgrimmar for the Horde, near the Christmas tree: they will have a special quest for you, called 'Merry Christmas by Firestorm' that will gift you the Astral Cloud Serpent mount!

This quest can be completed by any character, and the mount is account-wide, meaning you will have it on every character of the account from MoP expansion onward!

We wish you all Merry Christmas, a Happy New-Year, and a Great Feast of Winter Veil!
The Firestorm Team

8 people like this

xD jncvs

To be honest, that mount is pain to get and only acquirable on MoP and WoD realms. I have tried farming the mount for three months in a row on WoD, then I caved in and camped it on the black market. I have waited around four months before it popped on black market, and I had to pay 4.3m to win, and now it is available for everyone. The mount is supposed to be rare and special :\. Do I at least get some different mount?

Edited by Sam
1 person likes this

It's Christmas, man. Can you ditch the wah-wah attitude for a couple of days and be happy that people on Legion can get a mount that's unobtainable? Jeesh
Happy Holidays!

3 hours ago, Echidna said:

It's Christmas, man. Can you ditch the wah-wah attitude for a couple of days and be happy that people on Legion can get a mount that's unobtainable? Jeesh
Happy Holidays!

Yeah, I guess you would feel the same, if you have spent more than four million gold to find that they are giving the rare mount to everyone for free. Also, with everyone celebrating this gift, you get nothing. That is fair.

11 hours ago, Sam said:

To be honest, that mount is pain to get and only acquirable on MoP and WoD realms. I have tried farming the mount for three months in a row on WoD, then I caved in and camped it on the black market. I have waited around four months before it popped on black market, and I had to pay 4.3m to win, and now it is available for everyone. The mount is supposed to be rare and special :\. Do I at least get some different mount?

Yeah man, it was a very special mount to me since WoD and the only one I rode since then...farmed this in a raid group (you have to be in a raid to enter) and got it on my birthday, so it was extra special :( now it's no longer special....sad

On 12/25/2019 at 7:04 PM, corliss said:

Yeah man, it was a very special mount to me since WoD and the only one I rode since then...farmed this in a raid group (you have to be in a raid to enter) and got it on my birthday, so it was extra special :( now it's no longer special....sad

I have asked on more than one occasion for the developers to fix Elegon's spawning object, on legion and BfA, which would take like 5 minutes. They said they got different priorities. Now, after paying more than 4 million gold on legion to buy the mount on the black market, it is available for free. I cannot replenish the gold I spend on legion, because the realm is not highly populated anymore. Now, whenever I see that mount, I will remember the gold I have wasted. I love FS a lot, but I have to say, this is the first time I have been very disappointed in here. You should have at least given the people who had the mount something else. This would have been fair.

1. This is not about fair, this is a PRIVATE WOW Server you can play on for free.

2. That being said, the experience itself is not about who gets what, what is working or not, or how much you earn and/or spend. The experience is about what you make of it. YOU wanted that mount, YOU farmed a lot for it, and YOU (in corliss' case) have the story to tell about how stars aligned and made you get it or YOU (in Sam's case) farmed and waited and spent a lot to get what YOU wanted.

Nobody takes anything of your journey away by others getting something (in this case a mount) easier, quite the opposite actually: everyone else loses a time-sink to spend time and efforts on, instead.

This may be a hard pill to swallow, but it takes ONE person (the one owning the server) to say "eff everyone, I'm done" and everything here can be gone within a few mouseclicks. We (as a community) own NOTHING and can be thankful the project as is did run and keeps running and we can share our time here going on our own, little (or huge) journeys.

Also, everyday people complain in worldchat about this being bad, that being bad. WE are a community on a free-to-play server. The reasons we are here may be hugely different, some want to "waste" less time, some can't afford the "real" thing, others want to spend time with "friends". All these things in quotes can change without a moment's notice, what CAN NOT change though, is the fact US as a community are what defines our experience. WE set our goals, US are the ones progressing or failing as that random team in a battleground and YOU AND I are the ones deciding whether we spent a nice day together or wasted a day without that feeling of belonging somewhere in some sense and achieving something.

On that note, after having read this wall of text: thank you. Thank you for being part of MY experience. All the random strangers here are part of MY experience, and I still dig it after lots of years.

Yours truly,

Tickle o/

1 person likes this

Fix lag fs :(