Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pallier

Are there any REAL guilds on this server?

3 posts in this topic

I've been a member of 4 different English speaking guilds on this server so far... all have advertised as active and helping with raids and events.
all have lied.  they end up all being "if there are people that feel like it you may get help... maybe" type guilds.

All I ask from a guild is some sort of progression.... I was actually called selfish for asking for ONE key run a week from the guild... nothing else... just to run a key to get weekly credit... not to run 100 to get loot from an end chest... just 1 key for the weekly and somehow I'm a jerk when I complain that no one is helping when it reached 2 hours before all keys expired for the week after I was asking on the discord every day and being told no.

Where are the good guilds?  why are all of them nothing more than a bunch of pick up group players who wear the same tabard? is it too much to ask for a guild that actually does things together?
why do guilds make all these promises recruiting then never follow through with them?

its not a guild members responsibility to impress a guild. its the guilds responsibility to impress its members. officers of the guild should be the ones helping everyone when they need it and crafting/supplying the guild for raids and events.  leaders should be the ones running and organizing events and making sure the guild members all follow the rules and can play with the guild as needed.

the only responsibility guild members have are to follow the rules, be active, be raid ready, and show up when they commit to an event (baring emergencies or work/school problems). this means no playing alts all week and just showing up for the raid... and having the best gear/enchantments you can (level up your necklace every week).  also play with other guildies doing things during the week like keys or heroic dungeons.

do guilds even exist like this anymore?  have they all reduced to being nothing but a pick up group that's together.

I need an English speaking guild that doesn't treat its members like they are strangers on the world chat channel. any Alliance guilds like that?

2 people like this

I can agree with you completely, and it's not only this server or anything, it's a pretty international problem across all kinds of WoW servers, and it's sad, because I am a social-whore, I need people to talk to and to play with, and a server being void of decent guilds is no server worth putting my time into. 

I hope you will find your Guild one day!

• Hi Pallier,
On 2.1.2020 at 9:02 PM, Pallier said:

Where are the good guilds?

If you are missing a guild with the standards you mentioned, THEN YOUR OPPORTUNITY IS TO form such an English-speaking guild.
From my point of view I agree with your following rules:

• On 2.1.2020 at 9:02 PM, Pallier said:
    • leaders should be the ones running and organizing events and making sure the guild members all follow the rules and can play with the guild as needed.

I would like to add one more thing, that the leaders themselves should also follow their own rules. And do not change them / make exceptions if they are not comfortable for them.

• the only responsibility guild members have are to follow the rules, be active, be raid ready, and show up when they commit to an event (baring emergencies or work/school problems).
    • having the best gear/enchantments you can (level up your necklace every week). 
    • also play with other guildies doing things during the week like keys or heroic dungeons.

can not agree with the following suggestions:

• its not a guild members responsibility to impress a guild. its the guilds responsibility to impress its members

I mean, in the end, "guild" is the sum of all guild members. Or does that mean that a guild is just the guild master and his few officers? That would mean that in a fictitious guild with only one guild master, 2 officers and 20 members who are the GM and the officer = 3 people have a higher value than the 20 members together. 
I would rather suggest that the responsibility for impressing lies with the entire guild. So GM, Offi and all members. As a member of a guild you are also a representative of that guild, so why would you exclude them?

• officers of the guild should be the ones helping everyone when they need it and crafting/supplying the guild for raids and events.

That depends on how you define an officer's work. If by that you mean giving advice to someone on class defects or giving a clue as to where or how to get material for making things, I would agree. And even if you think that an officer has a duty to assist raids to keep them going or to help organize them. But if you say that an officer has to be the crafting machine of a guild and has to build all things himself to equip (all) guild members, I would deny that understanding. 
As a guild you can practice almost all professions. Most of them are practiced by your guild members. You can take advantage of these benefits by keeping guild members responsible for keeping the guild/raids running and by suggesting that you trade things in the guild for half the auction house price.

To your last words.

• I need an English speaking guild that doesn't treat its members like they are strangers on the world chat channel. [...]

You have the chance to found such a guild and be its leader. Define your rules for your guild and make your visions come true. It will be a hard work.

Do not ask for something that only you can make come true.

sincerely
Neosilver