Followers 0
What-R-U-Wearing

Re-work the Reworked Player Code of Conduct [Forums]

1 post in this topic

Title: Re-work the Reworked Player Code of Conduct

Type: Forums

Description: 

Yo guys and gals from Staff! 
My suggestion is self-explanatory, and as the title suggests, it's regarding the Server Rules by @Otacon

The rules are nice, every server needs to have some guideline of do's and don't-s, but the way that supposedly official guideline is written, it looks like the person who wrote it is not very fluent in English. Idk why the international staff didn't bring that not-so-minor issue to your attention, but God bless them because we had a drinking game with it. Before saying I'm just an a-hole for the heck of it, I'm not and let me show a few examples, which are High School Grammer and English:

If a player is found benefiting from the rulebreaks of another player - there is no such word, perhaps "benefits from another player's violation of the rules";
"... in such cases, the reasons of the edition will be added." - for; "First Offense: Rename and ??? verbal warning given." - missing indefinite article; 
"Using a macro, keyboard addon or multiboxing tool assist to automatically press a key in any circumstance if forbidden.";
Excessive use of "in order to" instead of to;
Multiple tautologies such as "...take on their personal time...";
"...will be punished according ??? this rule as well.";

"Using a third-party program or modification to gain ??? advantage" - missing article again
"Spamming or Flooding channels may be deemed as ??? annoyance, so refrain to do so" - missing indefinite article and the style is passive, which doesn't fit, maybe "Spamming or Flooding channels may be deemed as an annoyance. Refrain from doing so" would be better.

There are more, but I don't have the patience to go in detail.
I'm not a native English speaker either, so I understand the struggle.
Again, as the thread says, this is a suggestion, not a personal attack on anyone's feelings - strictly a grammar business. Let me know if you need help with it.

To-da-loo 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0