Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
swagchief

Frost DK PvE stat priority 5.4 MoP?

13 posts in this topic

I know on retail the stat prio is strength>crit>mastery>haste but it's crit over haste because the boss fights don't last long enoug to make haste stronger than crit.

But as we all know this server isn't retail so my question is:

What's the best stat prio for 2h frost dk in pvp on 5.4?

Edited by swagchief

best stat priority for frost dk is to go unholy :)

1 person likes this

wrong on retail the prio is mastery crit haste if u have 2 pieces of the last tier of the expansion... that's because it increase the best stats that u have..
without the 2 pieces of the tier the stat priority is haste->mastery-> crit

as frost Dk haste far far far outweighs crit,  if memory serves me correctly I was running with approx 12k haste, and a 9 percent crit percent, but with haste proccing killing machine so much I was averaging approx 45 percent crit on both oblit, and frost strike. The DPS gain from rune regen, and killing machine proccs far far outweigh going straight crit, unless you can get around 30-35 percent crit, and still a decent amount of haste. which is close to impossible with the gear so far available, I say with frost try haste,mastery,crit stat piority, you will definitely not be disapointed.

1 person likes this

On 20/01/2016 at 9:18 AM, Amihay said:

best stat priority for frost dk is to go unholy :)

In PvE Frost is better than Unholy.

actually unholy is better for PVE atm, if you have the right trinkets, and snapshot your diseases correctly it's easy to hit a stable 250k dps.

woho my apprentice is answering for me ^^ no need to add anything...

I AM NOONE'S apprentice. I answered for myself, not under anyone's guidance, and with that being set straight. I say personally go with the specc you most enjoy. I enjoy frost more and am going back to frost when fully geared with arena gear. I find UH better for PVP, and am blood OS, so don't wanna have to keep changing back and forth, try unholy, and decide for yourself, if you like unholy more and want advice on unholy stats feel free to ask, and as always have fun with whatever you choose.

2 people like this

Well you can skip the apprentice and ask for UH help from the master, ^^

lol..master? anywho sound advice was given on this thread, not going to start a flame war or degrade this thread with nonsense. Have fun playing the specc you like, and most of all have fun, this thread should now be closed. as the question was answered, unless any other dk's have some valuable advice to add.

well there is a pretty detailed guide right here

i invested a great deal into it and hope it will help,

Dogma don't get offended from a random tease geez man you're better then that....

I'm a bit late on this one but...

• 2H: Haste>Crit>Mastery
  • 1H: Haste>Mastery>Crit

Why?

1. Killing Machine procs are so frequent.
  2. More runes

With substantial haste, KM procs so much that it doesn't matter how long the fight is. The extra rune regeneration also lets you use Obliterate/Frost Strike more frequently when KM doesn't proc. It is definitely better than crit and mastery.

Edited by VerneAsimov