radziss89

addons

5 posts in this topic

Hi there fellas!

Can someone explain to me where i can & need to install addons for them to show up in game servers!

I tried even my firestorm folder and wow folder... doesn't working still... :(

Please help, and tnx for your time! 

Greetings @radziss89,

I will try to explain everything from scratch as simple as possible and hopefully it will make it clear for you. 

1. Get a popular Extraction Program. (7-Zip, Winrar, WinZip)
  2. Turn off World of Warcraft. (This is essential because your addons won’t load if you’re trying to install them while the game is running.)
  3. Find and download the desired addon/s. (This is a bit complicated so check below)
  4. Extract i.e. unzip the addon files.

How to find and download addons?

Search for the specific addon on CurseForge as that is the go-to places for getting WoW addons. After you’ve found your addon, download it. Keep in mind that you must download the right version in order for the addon to work, I've implemented some screenshots on how to do that.

Spoiler

O1PoQzI.png

90WeXwr.png

After selecting the version, I highly recommend download the "Release" type option (if possible, for some addons it might not be available) as that would be more stable, as this screenshot shows:

WNHoKjA.png

After your addon has been downloaded, you’ll want to extract it into the actual Addons subfolder of your World of Warcraft folder. You need to extract the addon/s to World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ directory. Now launch your WoW client, log in, and hit the AddOns button located in the lower-left part of the Character Select Screen. This will open all installed addons and you can verify if the one you just installed is there. If it’s not, then double-check that you’ve extracted the addon file to the correct folder (\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\). [PS: You should also hit "Load out of date addons" just in case]

Kind Regards,
Forum Moderator Miolaro.

Why there is almost no addon for BFA?

having an issue finding the world of wacraft folder would you know another name that u need to find i can only get to the firestorm setup folder?