xawen

Firestorm PVP

1 post in this topic

I have been playing PVP for a long time (TBC, WOTLK, CATA, WOD, BFA) I consider myself an experienced player in this field and therefore I have to comment on PVP at Firestorm where I actively play.

At Firestorm, I observe 4 main problems in PVP:

1. Missing PVP template (which are on Official blizzard servers)

2. Sale of the best possible equipment for the slot with the best hundreds with the possibility of a socket

3. Automatic downgrade of arena rating when not playing arenas (this is completely Unblizzlike)

4. The rating arena and the MMR system work completely wrong here

Explanation:

1. The missing PVP heating system has already been reported to Bugtrackers and closed twice with the fact that the Devs do not know exactly how it should work and therefore they cannot implement it. (I don't like this because it's a key thing for PVP to work properly but I take it as a reasonable argument and I understand it)

2. The sale of gear is the decision of the management of the server to receive funds to ensure the operation of the server. It's okay, but in my opinion, the management of Firestorm has chosen the absolutely wrong path and would receive similar funding from players in other ways. I see this as one of the main problems we have here in PVP in connection with point 1. It does with players who buy in a shop invincible in arenas. (if the PVP template system worked here, the players who had bought a gear 425 would be against the regular players in the arena they had only a minimal difference in strength now that is a huge difference)

3. Automatic downgrade was introduced because the players who achieved a high rating no longer played and no one finished them by the end of the PVP season, and thus without active play they had a season rank for the arenas. (I would leave it here but I would set it to the limit so that the automatic descent would start if the player reached the rating 2500 and ended at 2400, which means that players who have 2800a would stop playing would automatically get the rating 2400 and it would not decrease further)

4. Arena rating and MMR system. MMR is a "hidden rating" Arena rating is the level a player has reached in a given PVP season. MMR is its "skill" rating. explains:

If I am a new player and I am going to the arena for the first time I have a basic MMR 1500. My MMR increases / decreases with each win / loss. MMR is used to prevent players with high MMR and low MMR (skillers / new players) from playing against each other. It was introduced because skill players would achieve an extremely fast high rating if they associated them with low skill players. The MMR should start to increase together with the rating only after reaching the arena rating 1500. (if I have a rating of 1258 my MMR is still 1500 if I reach a rating of 1650 my MMR should be 1650 but this only applies to a new player). In case the new season starts and I am an experienced player (the previous season I had 2700 rating) my MMR should be 2700 !!! even if the arena rating is 0.

Until I reach the level of 2700 in the new season, my MMR remains at this level (In blizzard there, the correction decreases slightly but it is possible -2 or -3 rating for each loss, but the winnings do not increase until my rating is the same as my MMR ). Therefore, it is possible to observe during the new season that they will achieve a 2100+ rating at Retail in the first two days of the new season, and it is not a problem to give 2400+ completely with an overview. There is a huge problem at Firestorm that the rating arena and MMR are reset here every season !!! In this case, the top players play against the low players and literally their farm and have a free rating. The problem, however, is that even though the farm of low players receive less ratings per win than if they played with the MMR from the previous season, this is because the Arena rating for the win should be calculated from the MMR not with the Arena rating.

I will give an example:

Retail:

Team 1 (1650 rating - 2500 MMR), Team 2 (1700 rating - 1900 MMR)

Team 2 beats Team 1 so Team 1 loses -2 MMR and - 10 arena rating, Team 2 gets +60 arena rating and + 0 MMR)

Firestorm:

Team 1 (1650 rating - 1650 MMR), Team 2 (1700 rating - 1700 MMR)

Team 2 beats Team 1 so Team 1 loses -8 MMR and - 8 arena rating, Team 2 gets +10 arena rating and + 10 MMR)

This example is indicative of the exact values, of course I do not know, but you can clearly see what lies in the fact that in retail a player with 2200 rating can get a +50 rating for winning, compared to a player on Firestorm would not achieve a +50 rating even if he beat the team. 1700 rating more ....

What about that?

I have a few suggestions on how to handle this:

To point 1. No one will solve this because we do not know how it should work

So let's focus on the points we can influence

Point 2. Shop my suggestion is to redesign the shop as it was on Legion, a system of lootboxes without falling the maximum item level (if max ilvl 425 so set lootboxes to 415+) and divide the lootboxes into several types:

• PVP Lootbox gear
  • PVP lootbox azerite gear
  • PVP lootbox weapon
  • PVP Lootbox trinket

• PVE Lootbox gear
  • PVE lootbox azerite gear
  • PVE lootbox weapon
  • PVE Lootbox trinket

This way, everyone can buy exactly the lootbox they need to improve their gear, and if they are lucky, they will get a titanium or warforge item 425 with the possibility of a socket ....

This would greatly improve the whole PVP and would be more balanced. Players who buy gear would still have an advantage.

Point 3. The automatic downgrade of the rating I have already described here would be appropriate to stop it at 2400 and would only fall to players who have more than 2400 and do not play. However, the ceiling would be 2400.

Point 4. Modify the MMR system to make it more blizzlike. At the start of the new season, reset only the arena rating and keep the MMR.

The combination of non-functional PVP templates, a shop and a malfunctioning MMR together with a declining rating is a bad joke at Firestorm. Please consider ways to enhance the gaming experience for the PVP community as well. This server is primarily aimed at the PVE community, but if a good and fair PVP worked here, it would attract many new players here. I even think Firestorm would benefit more from the shop than it does now.

One more thing to think about:

A nice example of how PVP is on can also be seen from the weekly chest. Where in PVE you have to complete the MM10 + key to get 410+ item in PVP it is to reach 2100 rating to get 410+ item. While in PVE it is quite easy in PVP it is achieved by only a few people. At the same time, the level of difficulty in obtaining the same chest from PVP and PVE should be + - the same.

Please players who have more knowledge than the specific things I described should contribute to the discussion and try to make FS a better place for the PVP community.

Thanks for reading and sorry for your English (Google translate)

Edited by xawen
7 people like this