Hearts

Starting Zones - WoD

35 posts in this topic

tl:dr I need help testing the starting zones

So I have fixed and scripted all 15 starting areas and since these are starting zones, some of them get scripted in a way that makes them both class and race specific, meaning testing all of them makes it extremely time consuming (which can be spent fixing other things) and hard to catch. 

So I made this thread to help me find bugs like the 2 hour respawn timer Gilneas had since 6.2.3 which was not something I noticed because i was testing my fixes alone or that Human Warlock,/Hunter/Rogue couldnt do any quests simply because I wasnt testing the fixes with those classes.

A few things first, I fixed the starting zones in a way so that when you hit level 10-ish, you should be allowed to leave the starting zone if possible, since with the higher exp rate, you would be level 20 before leaving a level 5 zone. And if you are too high level, you wont be able to see the low level quests unless you manually turn on this function in settings. Basically, The goblin starting zone, when you are finished with Kezan, you dont get send to the lost isles because you will be level 10 already, you would be forced to do low level quests for another hour with minimal exp gain.

Thanks for any help i can get :P

1 person likes this

Yeh, fix is on ptr and will be om live or soon :P

Unable to attack Master Li Fel in the Pandaren quest, "Only the Worthy Will Pass"

7 hours ago, TARDIS_Lover said:

Unable to attack Master Li Fel in the Pandaren quest, "Only the Worthy Will Pass"

n7rhmCH.jpg

What is the exact problem, I managed to do it just fine in the PTR, do you not see Li Fei or can you see him but not attack him? Have you tried to abandon the quest.

Regarding Rolling with my homies goblin quest, You must leave the hot rod to be able to pick up Izzy and the gang, I added this to the PTR just now when you accept the quest

yzuEoTD.jpg

Regarding the shaman quest Primal Strike, i completed it just fine.

tECQtLF.jpg

Regarding the quest Bank Heist, it worked fine aswell

D1osxNb.jpg

ZjX3T0p.jpg

Now if this wasnt made clear, this is purely for Warlord of Draenor Feedback, At this moment i cant focus on two different expansions.

With Master Li I can see him, but can't attack him. If I abandon the quest and try to take it again, the same issue happens but an additional Master Li spawns, so it just results in a ton of them attacking me the more I try.

4 hours ago, TARDIS_Lover said:

With Master Li I can see him, but can't attack him. If I abandon the quest and try to take it again, the same issue happens but an additional Master Li spawns, so it just results in a ton of them attacking me the more I try.

A fix has been put up in the PTR, I couldnt recreate the bug so I tried some fixes and I might know what caused it.. But as i said, cant recreate it so i cant test it personally :P

14 hours ago, Hearts said:

A fix has been put up in the PTR, I couldnt recreate the bug so I tried some fixes and I might know what caused it.. But as i said, cant recreate it so i cant test it personally :P

The real problem with Master Li was that he spawn as friendly and its why you cant attack him but he can attack you.

Is there a way to get around this quest and still finish the starting zone?

5 hours ago, TARDIS_Lover said:

Is there a way to get around this quest and still finish the starting zone?

I have made it so that you can do the quest "A new fate" when you hit level 10, honestly, try to farm some mobs and then go to the temple and pick your new faction since the fix for this wont hit live servers for a few days

The fix should actually be up on live.

For the Human starting area a lot of npc's just idle or spin around. Also, and I noticed that in multiple starting areas and assume this goes on until endgame, quests don't show where you can turn them in after you completed them. The glorious, golden questionmark to turn in the quest will be placed where you used to grind the monsters / got the quest items. I encountered this as Human and Orc. If I didn't know where I took the quest I would be lost.

On 1/31/2016 at 5:13 AM, kroxirex said:

The Rebel Lord's Arsenal

couldnt find Josiah Avery i was playing worguen rogue                                                                                                                                                I couldn't either

the starting quest chain breaks after proving pit.. and also pandaren quest chain at the point you need to kill Jaomin Ro he is nowhere to be found supposed to be on the bridge near  the starting location.. 

Edited by Krigli
1 person likes this

For the Worgen starting area, when I get the quest to meet King Greymane in the courtyard, there is no npc there at all. Can't continue.

Pandaren Starting Area:

• a) You have to grind up to level 10 and take the quest "A new Fate" in the middle of the isle to choose your faction.
  • b) Write a ticket, a GM can give you the next quest of the quest chain, if you wanna do it.

Worgen Starting Area:

• a) Write a ticket, a GM can teleport you out of the starting area. You can continue leveling in Elwynn Forest.
  • b) At the beginning of the starting area, you can see a portal to Stormwind. Take it or you may have to wait till a GM teleports you out of the area.

I saw the teleport at the beginning of the starting area but it is gone now. If I continue levelling somewhere else, do I get the worsen ability (I mean the shape shift ability)?

You have to use the portal as soon as you spawn. You will get your worgen ability.

Sorry for the delay, ive fixed Worgen Starting and the fixes should be up on monday. If anything breaks please let me know :P

1 person likes this

On 5/22/2016 at 1:46 AM, Hearts said:

Sorry for the delay, ive fixed Worgen Starting and the fixes should be up on monday. If anything breaks please let me know :P

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=14293/save-krennan-aranas this quest is broken, the horse is runing randomly, and cant  and cant complete the quest

when i use the action button provided by the mount, targeting http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35753/krennan-aranas nothing happens. (also he isnt hanging from the tree)

so im stuck at that quest.

here how this quest should be working 

After accepting this quest, you will be given a mount. The horse will run and navigate on its own. Your horse will stop momentarily at the top of some stares before charging. At this point quickly locate and target the person hanging from the tree in front of you, he will be kicking his legs. Worgen will be attacking you. Once targeted, use the action button provided by the mount. Action #1. He will then get on your horse and you will run back. The End..

i was worgen male rogue*

Edited by kroxirex
1 person likes this

i dunno if u was working at the dks starting zone but its as well broken

1 hour ago, kroxirex said:

Save Krennan Aranas this quest is broken, the horse is runing randomly, and cant  and cant complete the quest

when i use the action button provided by the mount, targeting Krennan Aranas nothing happens. (also he isnt hanging from the tree)

so im stuck at that quest.

here how this quest should be working 

After accepting this quest, you will be given a mount. The horse will run and navigate on its own. Your horse will stop momentarily at the top of some stares before charging. At this point quickly locate and target the person hanging from the tree in front of you, he will be kicking his legs. Worgen will be attacking you. Once targeted, use the action button provided by the mount. Action #1. He will then get on your horse and you will run back. The End..

i was worgen male rogue*

Thats almost exactly how it works here, excluding the hanging from the tree and kicking his legs part, what exactly is happening with the horse when hes running? Is he running back and forward alot? Also you shouldnt need to target Krennan, it should just work :P

i think the problem is that the horse is fighting with the worgens around, i dont know exactly...

here a video i have found from this report https://firestorm-servers.com/es/report/see_report/11799

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESdedibiq50

ive the same problem.

how it should work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h378F8s0fYk

(vid is not mine sorry for that weird guy ahahha)

Edited by kroxirex

On 6/19/2016 at 6:30 PM, kroxirex said:

i think the problem is that the horse is fighting with the worgens around, i dont know exactly...

here a video i have found from this report #11799

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESdedibiq50

ive the same problem.

how it should work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h378F8s0fYk

(vid is not mine sorry for that weird guy ahahha)

I just started playing on Firestorm today. I'm having EXACTLY the same issue, while on the horse it's running back and forth from the start point to the tree where the NPC has already hopped from the tree. I see no vehicle options other than dismount.. but the dismount doesn't work when selected and there are no other actions.

5 hours ago, sfharvey said:

I just started playing on Firestorm today. I'm having EXACTLY the same issue, while on the horse it's running back and forth from the start point to the tree where the NPC has already hopped from the tree. I see no vehicle options other than dismount.. but the dismount doesn't work when selected and there are no other actions.

Fixing it atm, fix will be out on the next update at the latest.

1 person likes this

The same thing is still happening. I mount the horse and the action button is there but no matter how many times I click on it nothing is happening and the NPC is just floating in the air and yelling: save me, so I guess that this bug is not fixed yet. Please fix it as soon as possible, 'cause worgen starting area is so much fun :)