Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Draa

[Declined] More reset days

15 posts in this topic

Basically, due to their being 1 reset day every week it's very difficult for 'new' players to actually get gear. 

If you were to have 2-3 reset days every week that could possibly counter this. 

This would be a great addition, and I beleive would please many players.

Please consider this. Thanks in advance.

-Draa.

1 person likes this

This is a blizzlike server not a fun one. And most of the times we have ID Bugs anyways that we can farm multiple times. So no need.

2 people like this

no

1 person likes this

I totally dislike this idea ^^ I mean even said that, arena and pvp isnt all there is in this world. Enlargen your horizon, do all aspects the game has to offer you and you might
 come to understand that one reset day for all of those, conquest, valor, raids, weekly quests, etc etc... is far enough. How much fun is there to earn your gear when your done in one week? 3 resets per week is like the lamest idea I heard for long time, maybe only topped by the guy that suggestes to make 5x multiboxing a legit thing.

Thank you for the support, but if this server is 'blizzlike' explain the 5x xp rate, explain why the classes are NOTHING CLOSE to blizzlike. Explain the balancing. 

If you make the 'blizzlike' excuse, that's stupid. 

Sarah, I was talking about just conquest it's self.

Also, lame? I have heard many people that want this idea, not just me.
I rate your opinion as 'lame'

Faster gearing is not always good thing. While you are gearing you have more reason to return and keep doing whatever you were doing, because you get something new over time. Faster gearing would reduce that. Also a lot of new players this would attract would get bored of game rather quickly and leave, because there would be nothing to do anymore. Or complain on how nothing new is released. Even Blizzard learned that too much convenience is bad thing.

Also as stated above, this server is trying to be Blizzlike. Yes it has some custom stuff, like higher EXP rates, but that is also to compensate for bugs. Bugs are there, because someone needs to fix them and that takes time, go to WotLK and you will still see servers with bugs, even vanilla is not bug free. Fixing everything takes time and classes are not only thing in need of fixes. Still direction in which server goes is determined by server staff themselves. Some servers go custom way, FS decided to go towards Blizzlike road. Yes not everything is Blizzlike yet, this does not mean they should just abandon that and just give up on it, especially because few players want easy pass.

Okay, so basically your statement above suggests that if they gear too fast they will get bored, right? What do you think happens on retail my friend? They get full gear and they queue arenas FAIRLY. Instead of the arena being biased as fuck. 

The fact people are queueing with full conquest gear vs people with full 600 gear is stupid, you almost get globalled everytime.

You are NOT being rational at all here, I assume you have full gear yourself and that's why...

Blizzlike? Tbh, the reason why players are in the top 10 atm is because of their gear, I guarantee that anybody with no gear is not in the top 10.

That IS WHY this is reasonable and should be highly suggested instead of ya'll thinking you're pro for having full gear and hating on this thread.

No joke, everyone that said that says that arena reset days shouldn't be reduced is retarded. No joke, on my rogue I came vs 10+ fucking full geared teams in a fucking row. And I'm only 1400. Fucking full geared fucks are so low fucking rated that I'm losing 10+ rating per loss. It's just fucking unbalanced as shit.

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, Vinders said:

No joke, everyone that said that says that arena reset days shouldn't be reduced is retarded. No joke, on my rogue I came vs 10+ fucking full geared teams in a fucking row. And I'm only 1400. Fucking full geared fucks are so low fucking rated that I'm losing 10+ rating per loss. It's just fucking unbalanced as shit.

You know what to do? Play freaking BGs and gear. Arena is not for contenders.

1 hour ago, Vinders said:

I agree with Cener,if you want to gear play BG or farm JP for grievous gear.

Or just play better,if you can`t pass 1,4k you are probably just bad,gear doesn't matter because the people who are 1,4k and "full geared" are mostly shit at the game and they shouldn't be hard to beat,even if you are contender.

Edited by Uncovered

3 hours ago, Draax said:

Okay, so basically your statement above suggests that if they gear too fast they will get bored, right? What do you think happens on retail my friend? They get full gear and they queue arenas FAIRLY. Instead of the arena being biased as fuck. 

The fact people are queueing with full conquest gear vs people with full 600 gear is stupid, you almost get globalled everytime.

You are NOT being rational at all here, I assume you have full gear yourself and that's why...

Blizzlike? Tbh, the reason why players are in the top 10 atm is because of their gear, I guarantee that anybody with no gear is not in the top 10.

That IS WHY this is reasonable and should be highly suggested instead of ya'll thinking you're pro for having full gear and hating on this thread.

That is not problem of resetting. It is problem of matchmaking system, which should find you players with similar rating and it should keep balanced. WoW is very gear dependent game. And yes, you will have your ass kicked, if opposing team is in better gear, that was suppose to motivate you to get better gear. As far as I see, WoW will actually get more skill based PvP in Legion, where for first time in WoW gear won't matter much, if Blizz will deliver what is promised. But still system should take gear and your rating into consideration, when looking for other team to pair your team with.

Also, I did not do PvP in a while. But last time I did it, we used to do BGs to get gear for arena. Sure we were still outgeared but it helped a lot. I would believe this did not change much. It was 1x Blizzlike server and no one gave me anything, I earned every single piece of gear through thousand deaths from players much better geared than me. But then again I took it as challenge and I was always looking for how I could beat system and it never felt better than when I outsmarted player with much higher gear... :-)

Blizzlike? Yes it is, do they give free arena gear to players, so they could compete with high end geared players? Of course not. Even on retail you got your ass kicked a lot before you got geared up and felt like you are ready for some payback. I will repeat, WoW is gear based MMO. It is like you would go to play simulator and then complain how it is too realistic...

On 2/13/2016 at 9:36 PM, Uncovered said:

I agree with Cener,if you want to gear play BG or farm JP for grievous gear.

Or just play better,if you can`t pass 1,4k you are probably just bad,gear doesn't matter because the people who are 1,4k and "full geared" are mostly shit at the game and they shouldn't be hard to beat,even if you are contender.

We beat some and we lost to some. But encountering full geared teams at 1400 rating and losing about 10 rating when I lose to them is insanely stupid. Also, I only have the 660 weapons on my rogue. The rest is 600 (aspirant) gear.

On 2/13/2016 at 9:59 PM, Mistix said:

That is not problem of resetting. It is problem of matchmaking system, which should find you players with similar rating and it should keep balanced. WoW is very gear dependent game. And yes, you will have your ass kicked, if opposing team is in better gear, that was suppose to motivate you to get better gear. As far as I see, WoW will actually get more skill based PvP in Legion, where for first time in WoW gear won't matter much, if Blizz will deliver what is promised. But still system should take gear and your rating into consideration, when looking for other team to pair your team with.

Also, I did not do PvP in a while. But last time I did it, we used to do BGs to get gear for arena. Sure we were still outgeared but it helped a lot. I would believe this did not change much. It was 1x Blizzlike server and no one gave me anything, I earned every single piece of gear through thousand deaths from players much better geared than me. But then again I took it as challenge and I was always looking for how I could beat system and it never felt better than when I outsmarted player with much higher gear... :-)

Blizzlike? Yes it is, do they give free arena gear to players, so they could compete with high end geared players? Of course not. Even on retail you got your ass kicked a lot before you got geared up and felt like you are ready for some payback. I will repeat, WoW is gear based MMO. It is like you would go to play simulator and then complain how it is too realistic...

No, but on retail you actually get an increased cap size for every week you miss therefore you can actually get on par with other players with gear. Also, the fact that the honor system atm for skirmishes is completely fucked it's very difficult to get gear.

No fucker wants to queue bgs over and fucking over, it's very fucking dull.

Perhaps this is why all the people with 'no gear' end up eventually leaving very early.

Have you seen an increase in the player count recently? No, you haven't, the reason for this is because everybody gets fucking farmed by people with full gear.

Look at pandawow for example, they have got an insane player count and they also have 3x reset days per week.

-Draa.

I agree that there should be a way for new players to catch up, but a 3x reset isn't the key, it makes gearing in PvP a tighter schedule at the start of a season and will ensure that players who dont have the time (who work, or travel etc.) to login and get cap every 2 days are punished.

The solution is to to implement an increasing cap equivalent to the one on retail for weeks where you got 0 conquest. This is the smart way to do it. That, or simply increase the weekly cap to 8K for everyone, so new players can get their wep on week 1 (the biggest difference in damage), and grind pieces of honor gear/conq gear and in two weeks be on par with everyone else.

The Server will stay Blizzlike with 1 reset each week. We hope u understand that but if we would agree this in PvE the PvP Players would suggest the same and this would just end up in more problems then anything else.

Greetings

Riu