PathFinding - Reports

25 posts in this topic

As indicated on this post, we have enabled the PathFinding on the WoD PTR.

In this post, you can report all issues found with it, so developers can notice them and fix them before putting it on the LIVE realms.

If possible, add with the report one image or one video that supports your report, aswell as some description that describes how to reproduce the issue.

Have a nice day.

Warrior charge and heroic leap is affected by pathfinding. When the player charges a mob who is on a higher place, the player will go around the place to find a route to the mob. It's actually not that bad, but it would be a bit of pain for some players in raids or dungeons. The charge bug part is not even that bad compared to the heroic leap bug. When someone uses heroic leap, it will be affected by pathfinding as well. Basically it won't jump normally, it will go around like the player is charging. It's a pretty annoying bug, and it can't be applied to live realms until a fix for it. ATM I can't submit any evidence, but it's a common thing, every warrior on ptr knows that.

Its so Good :D

Your pathfinding has compleatly destroyed the Bosses in HM & BRF. if you as much as look at them they will run and hide in a wall, or while tanking if the tank moves the boss will try to repossition him self, and end up running 100 yards away for some reason. You really screwed the pooche on this one guys. Maybe you should have tested the pathfinding in a raid and not only in PvP.

Oh and world mobs now respawn where they are killed (animation) but they actually invisible respawn on their normal respawn spot, and that causes them to appear to be standing all over the place on respawn. That would have been noticed on the PTR by killing 1 world mob and yet that went on live. wtf?

4 people like this

It would be great to check ALL the PvE content. As Tweek said before, everything got bugged, you can't do anything. This update were focused on PvP and PvE got completly missing.....

Pathfinding doesn't work at all. Pets move through all kinds of objects in world and inside arenas/bgs. Mobs most of the times work perfect but sometimes they get stucked. But the problems is pets get stuck in pillars again which was the main problem... 

1 person likes this

as Onken says i saw the result of pathfinding with the NPC and it was really fine as for hunter's pet still the same especially when you're a Beast Master i have an arena partner (BM Hunter) who suffers a lot from this even the consequences of this applied to me his pet always goes through arena's pillars walls boxes ( in any obstacles you can find in arenas) and yet when the pet does that you can't use Order to Kill which is typically the reason why every hunter goes for Beast Master please review this for Hunters after the recent nerf this class could just die in there pathfinding still not applying to hunter's pets especially and mostly when it comes to arena thank you .

Comment: I've noticed a bug, on Alterac Valley and Ashran boss, maybe relative to patchfinding.

Bug Description:
During boss fight (i don't know what could cause this problem, can only suppose it), the boss going into "evade state" like should reset its position but.... he still follow the player without damage him, forever. At the moment the unique way to reset him is to attend a miracle from unknown ways. lol

Personal Result: I suppose could be a problem which affect every boss after a lot of distance treaded from its original position.

What you think about? tell me guys if happened to you to.

Edited by Manuelando

On 19.03.2016 at 7:08 PM, Manuelando said:

Comment: I've noticed a bug, on Alterac Valley and Ashran boss, maybe relative to patchfinding.

Bug Description:
During boss fight (i don't know what could cause this problem, can only suppose it), the boss going into "evade state" like should reset its position but.... he still follow the player without damage him, forever. At the moment the unique way to reset him is to attend a miracle from unknown ways. lol

Personal Result: I suppose could be a problem which affect every boss after a lot of distance treaded from its original position.

What you think about? tell me guys if happened to you to.

Pretty sure the evade bug happens if players that attack the boss have pets with them. DK pet, mage pet, warlock, hunter, etc.

A similar bug happen with MOBs = They don't respawn at its original place. This stress a lot the relaxed gameplay because should remember where they was for hit them without get in "out of range"

Edited by Manuelando

"World mobs now respawn where they are killed (animation) but they actually invisible respawn on their normal respawn spot, and that causes them to appear to be standing all over the place on respawn. That would have been noticed on the PTR by killing 1 world mob and yet that went on live. wtf?"

this is still actual as of live 27.03.2016, ALL THE MOBS VISUALLY RESPAWN WHERE THEY ARE KILLED, ITS REALLY F***ED UP, when horde goes to Stormshield in Ashran and kill profession trainers, THEY DONT RESPAWN ON THEIR PLACES, SO CANT EVEN TALK TO THEM AND LEARN A PROFESSION, THEY ARE THROWN ALL OVER THE PLACE, COMPLETELU USELESS CUS CANT TALK TO THEM, and it applies TO ALL THE NPCs IN THE WORLD

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, miranda said:

"World mobs now respawn where they are killed (animation) but they actually invisible respawn on their normal respawn spot, and that causes them to appear to be standing all over the place on respawn. That would have been noticed on the PTR by killing 1 world mob and yet that went on live. wtf?"

this is still actual as of live 27.03.2016, ALL THE MOBS VISUALLY RESPAWN WHERE THEY ARE KILLED, ITS REALLY F***ED UP, when horde goes to Stormshield in Ashran and kill profession trainers, THEY DONT RESPAWN ON THEIR PLACES, SO CANT EVEN TALK TO THEM AND LEARN A PROFESSION, THEY ARE THROWN ALL OVER THE PLACE, COMPLETELU USELESS CUS CANT TALK TO THEM, and it applies TO ALL THE NPCs IN THE WORLD

True, this problem is to mutch serious for not get being in consideration how due. For me should have a priority on everything.

up

Older raid bosses doesnt work correctly as example Trial of the Crusader - bosses cant even walk into the Arena

Keep up the reporting.

well we still waiting for them to fix the stated global bugs before posting new ones

up n still critical

Edited by miranda

Fixed on the PTR can you test ?

1 person likes this

On 2/20/2016 at 11:41 PM, Csabikaa97 said:

Warrior charge and heroic leap is affected by pathfinding. When the player charges a mob who is on a higher place, the player will go around the place to find a route to the mob. It's actually not that bad, but it would be a bit of pain for some players in raids or dungeons. The charge bug part is not even that bad compared to the heroic leap bug. When someone uses heroic leap, it will be affected by pathfinding as well. Basically it won't jump normally, it will go around like the player is charging. It's a pretty annoying bug, and it can't be applied to live realms until a fix for it. ATM I can't submit any evidence, but it's a common thing, every warrior on ptr knows that.

It's not a bug.

On 15.4.2016 at 6:46 PM, Vinders said:

It's not a bug.

It is. Actually u can jump on Highplaces / lower places with Heroic Leap , but here..dont have to tell you that :)

9 hours ago, Tweedy said:

It is. Actually u can jump on Highplaces / lower places with Heroic Leap , but here..dont have to tell you that :)

I don't think you've ever played on retail servers. It's supposed to happen. When you charge and a target moves around a pillar for example, it goes around.

Also in retail heroic leap doesn't work if you want  to jump on a higher place. Its made like this in Wod. I saw swifty getting mad about it many times on stream. LOL 

1 hour ago, Vinders said:

I don't think you've ever played on retail servers. It's supposed to happen. When you charge and a target moves around a pillar for example, it goes around.

Yup ive never played retail , thats why i stay on pservers~ *sarcasmoff*

On 14.04.2016 at 1:13 PM, Hardcpp said:

Fixed on the PTR can you test ?

works fine at PTR as of today, they respawn at their places, well done

Edited by miranda

On 4/17/2016 at 5:18 PM, Tweedy said:

Yup ive never played retail , thats why i stay on pservers~ *sarcasmoff*

You're in bad taste.