Riyami

[Declined] Conquest Catchup

21 posts in this topic

Can there be a system in place that allows people who start the season late to catch up on conquest? Perhaps similar to the retail system.

Once you miss the first month or two its already pointless to try and push rating since everyone's going to have an immense gear advantage on you, and Grievous -> Prideful is an intense leap in stats.

An alternative would be to raise the weekly cap incrimently throughout the season, from 2.2k to 3.3k to 4.4k to 5.5k etc, with each week that passes for all players so that the later someone joins the faster they can match their counterparts gearwise.

The way it stands now, the strong get stronger and the weak remain weak.

3 people like this

Just now, Riyami said:

Can there be a system in place that allows people who start the season late to catch up on conquest? Perhaps similar to the retail system.

Once you miss the first month or two its already pointless to try and push rating since everyone's going to have an immense gear advantage on you, and Grievous -> Prideful is an intense leap in stats.

An alternative would be to raise the weekly cap incrimently throughout the season, from 2.2k to 3.3k to 4.4k to 5.5k etc, with each week that passes for all players so that the later someone joins the faster they can match their counterparts gearwise.

The way it stands now, the strong get stronger and the weak remain weak.

This isn't blizzlike. Not gonna happen.

The Mid-Season Catch Up system is actually a real thing on retail, and I think implementing a system like this in the future would be a great idea.

Riyami is right, after you miss out on a certain amount of weeks of capping, the gear difference is immense. Not only pushing rating, but even capping can become quite difficult. Personally, I'd love to see this system implemented on Firestorm someday, and I believe a lot of people would agree on this.

For more info on this system: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7426606185

1 person likes this

forgive my ignorance.

1 person likes this

YES PLEASE!

+1

@Comic "I think implementing a system like this in the future *right now would be a great idea."

Edited by Imi.
1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Apok said:

yes its blizzlike

13 hours ago, Apok said:

5x rates isn't Blizz like. At least increase Honor rates to 5x aswell so people can get Grievous from ACTUAL PvPing instead of doing Temple of Jade Forrest 140 times to get the set.

I came back to this server and convinced 4 friends to come along too. Were more focused on PvP than PvE, all of them quit with the exception of one after discovering just how difficult and time consuming it is to grind the Honor needed for Grievous, let alone the impossibility of catching up to people who have 4 - 6+ pieces of Prideful on us.

To get better gear, we need to raise our weekly cap. To raise our cap we need rating. To get rating we need better gear.  It all comes full circle.

Comic and I discussed this in game yesterday, and the people who hit high rating at the start of the season have caps that are over 4k every week, thats TWICE what someone who freshly dings 90, or started late will be able to get starting now. This season isn't going to end anytime soon either. So you either devote 3 months to even the playing field, or you quit. I honestly think this deserves priority in attention as its a huge flaw in the way the PvP here is structured and will only drive PvP minded players away early into joining.

Here is the blue post talking about the current catch up system on retail for a character that hasn't participated in PvP 
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16952585152

As of this week’s reset, we’ve made a change to how the Conquest catch-up cap is calculated that should result in a 50% increase to the catch-up portion of the cap. We’re making this change because, while we still want there to be an incentive to play early and often, the amount of Conquest that a player could earn via that catch-up cap didn’t feel like enough once the PvP season had been active for a while.

To elaborate, the formula used to calculate a player’s catch-up cap is now:
<Number of weeks passed in the season> × 1500 - <Total amount of Conquest earned this season>

That number is then added to the weekly total cap of 1700. Note that, as of this post, Warlords Season 1 has been active for 18 weeks, which means the maximum possible catch-up cap for a player that has not earned any Conquest points this season is28,700 Conquest.

Edited by Riyami

Stop quoting me and being annoying. I did say it was a mistake.

Just now, Apok said:

Stop quoting me and being annoying. I did say it was a mistake.

Sorry :c

1 person likes this

But that's besides the point of what I was saying. I make a very valid point. 

So long as its more efficient to grind JP and since the gear is necessary to even try to compete, people are forced to either repeat the same instance over a hundred times, or get literally from an 1/5th to 1/8th the honor points in the same amount of time BGing, and thats assuming you win.

Killing the FIRST boss of Jade Temple, which can be done in under 2 minutes from entering the instance, gives MORE Honor when converted than losing a 20 minute BG. 

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up sooner since the retail system was actually introduced in MoP, if I recall correctly, patch 5.2 

Edited by Riyami

Ya I agree with your pov though. Hope this gets implemented.

We asked for it one year ago on the french side and a few month ago again and i think it got denied don't remember well tho.

1 person likes this

Thats very strange, it deserves an implementation in one form or another, just a way to get caught up to speed conquest wise.

1 person likes this

At the very least, either BG's need to give 500-600 honor a win, or JP/Honor needs to be exchanged at 500 to 500, after a month of the season.

This isnt retail, they dont need people to stay month in month out to make money off them, the best way to have PvP players stick with the chance of them purchasing coins is to give then the ability to catch up in Conquest and Honor.

I hope im making a strong enough argument! Its up to the admins and GM's now.

Edited by Riyami

Im not agreee or desagree with the suggestion but saying that its hard to gear up in pvp it isnt true. And since CrossRealms its really easy.

For the conquest gear, you need hands but not a big cap in the begin. If you want things blizzlike or easier its ok but you dont say things which arent true.

On 24/2/2016 at 7:04 AM, Riyami said:

To get better gear, we need to raise our weekly cap. To raise our cap we need rating. To get rating we need better gear.  It all comes full circle.

That circle only is true when you have a higth rate.And when you have it you will have better gear, so the difference in gear between you and your opponent wont be much.

That system is only a burst for new corners for getting pvp gear easier. Same as creating a lvl 90 in the start instead of a lvl 1. Dunno why blizzard created that system. Its a disadventage for old players.

Good luck with the suggestion btw.

1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, Hypnos said:

Im not agreee or desagree with the suggestion but saying that its hard to gear up in pvp it isnt true. And since CrossRealms its really easy.

For the conquest gear, you need hands but not a big cap in the begin. If you want things blizzlike or easier its ok but you dont say things which arent true.

That circle only is true when you have a higth rate.And when you have it you will have better gear, so the difference in gear between you and your opponent wont be much.

That system is only a burst for new corners for getting pvp gear easier. Same as creating a lvl 90 in the start instead of a lvl 1. Dunno why blizzard created that system. Its a disadventage for old players.

Good luck with the suggestion btw.

a disadvantage ? Not really. Old players need new players to continue to play and that system makes new players able to catch up. Overall it only gives more opponents and more reroll to gear up for old players.

since the cross realm, it's not more easy to gear up. It takes time. And people who doesnt have it are still struggling. In 5v5 you don't win conquest points even tho there is cross r. So basically people who would try to gear in this bracket cannot and are to commit to people who are not ungeared like 2s and even more rough in 3s. The queue time in bg has decrease drastically but that doesnt mean you win more.

On 24/2/2016 at 7:04 AM, Riyami said:

5x rates isn't Blizz like. At least increase Honor rates to 5x aswell so people can get Grievous from ACTUAL PvPing instead of doing Temple of Jade Forrest 140 times to get the set.

I came back to this server and convinced 4 friends to come along too. Were more focused on PvP than PvE, all of them quit with the exception of one after discovering just how difficult and time consuming it is to grind the Honor needed for Grievous, let alone the impossibility of catching up to people who have 4 - 6+ pieces of Prideful on us.

Comic and I discussed this in game yesterday, and the people who hit high rating at the start of the season have caps that are over 4k every week, thats TWICE what someone who freshly dings 90, or started late will be able to get starting now. This season isn't going to end anytime soon either. So you either devote 3 months to even the playing field, or you quit. I honestly think this deserves priority in attention as its a huge flaw in the way the PvP here is structured and will only drive PvP minded players away early into joining.

Here is the blue post talking about the current catch up system on retail for a character that hasn't participated in PvP 
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16952585152

it is not hard to get honor since u can get them with artefact fragments easely..

25 minutes ago, itashio said:

it is not hard to get honor since u can get them with artefact fragments easely..

Doesn't exist on Mop.

1 hour ago, Abie said:

a disadvantage ? Not really. Old players need new players to continue to play and that system makes new players able to catch up. Overall it only gives more opponents and more reroll to gear up for old players.

since the cross realm, it's not more easy to gear up. It takes time. And people who doesnt have it are still struggling. In 5v5 you don't win conquest points even tho there is cross r. So basically people who would try to gear in this bracket cannot and are to commit to people who are not ungeared like 2s and even more rough in 3s. The queue time in bg has decrease drastically but that doesnt mean you win more.

I have full geared 3 alts in wod with the last pvp gear and i almost dont play since long time ago,beside im really noob(1.8 k rate the higher). Gearing up is really easy, and it wouldnt have to be a excuse for this sugestion.

Crossrealms= more honor,win or lose you get honor faster.

Even when i dont like the system, if its blizzlike  I would like to they add it too.

Hypnos, "Blizzlike or easier" isn't what were asking for and saying things like that serves to undermine what this thread is trying to achieve. Abie is 100% right.

Players that start this week, or who aren't very skilled will not get the Conquest set till May. Players that aren't skilled who started in January have the full set. This is not a skill based system, as of 5.2 on retail they implemented conquest catch up to balance the PvP and encourage people to PvP.

Currently it takes an estimated 11 hours to get 4000 honor from BGing expecting win/loss ratio of 50/50 just getting into a BG faster doesnt mean it gives MORE honor. The honor rate for BG's in MOP servers needs to be increased to make PvPers achieve their gear from actual PvPing.

The alternative is spend roughly 26 hours doing the same dungeon for the full honor set via exchange.

Were asking for fairness.  One can see that (in MOP servers) forcing new players to do Temple of JP Farm over 140 times to get honor set, or get under 500 honor an hour BGing is not a system that encourages new people to play.

You need ~26,000 Honor / Conquest for the full set. Players with 1800 rating + (Like me) have a much higher cap than players that arent! This only makes new players MORE unhappy with current conditions with the unblizzlike conquest system, so saying 

Edited by Riyami

This is the solution for honor:
Apply the honor rates of "Call to Arms" to all BG's. Thats all thats needed to fix the JP farm problem.

This is the solution for conquest:
1500 conquest for every week in the season where 0 conquest was earned.
Here is the formula. 

<Number of weeks passed in the season> × 1500 - <Total amount of Conquest earned this season>