pve [WoD] Kromog

33 posts in this topic

As we specified on this post, we are releasing Kromog from The Blackrock Foundry this 24 of February on Live realms without any loot and ranking PvE.

We want you to give us feedback if you ever experienced any issue or something wrong during fighting this boss. Please, use the following format:

- Raid difficult.

- Steps for reproducing the issue.

- If possible, any image or video related to this issue.

All of this reports will help us to fix the boss quicker, so we can offer a better PvE experience to the players.

Thanks for your support.

Normal Dif

1st Slam wipes the raid
Visuals are out of order/time
Grasping earth hands are not atackble if u are grabed!

Couldnt realy test much due to that lil problem of Slam...

video here (yes we are spreaded to try avoid the slam , didnt realy worked tho)

Edited by Kronyx&Tarkh

Ok, from that vid I saw few things wrong:

Grasping Hand=Red Rune should NOT target tanks&MDPS

Stone Breath isn't used for 10 seconds at the start of the fight.

That's all I saw wrong.

And btw ALL timers on this boss are extremely fucking random him on Myth @retail was fucking pain.

EDIT: The tactic on this guy is: Stack on one point RDPS&Heals on either right or left this way you spawn the red runes where you want and easier healing (it's a very intensive healing fight)

P.S. Alliance pleb! BETRAYER

Edited by Corpsereaver

11 hours ago, Corpsereaver said:

Ok, from that vid I saw few things wrong:

Grasping Hand=Red Rune should NOT target tanks&MDPS

Stone Breath isn't used for 10 seconds at the start of the fight.

That's all I saw wrong.

And btw ALL timers on this boss are extremely fucking random him on Myth @retail was fucking pain.

EDIT: The tactic on this guy is: Stack on one point RDPS&Heals on either right or left this way you spawn the red runes where you want and easier healing (it's a very intensive healing fight)

P.S. Alliance pleb! BETRAYER

T_T u know pve on horde died sadly!

Anyway thanks for the imput ^^

About the stack tactic we tryed it and everyone insta died so we tryed spreading out to see if was gona at least let us survive a bit more ! Failed tho....

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedbacks!

At the moment, I've already fixed all reported bugs:

• Slam has now reduced damage depending on distance between players and Kromog ;
  • Grasping Earth can now be attacked by his own grasped player ;
  • Rune of Crushing Earth now targets ranged players first.

They'll be applied today (~6PM GMT+1 (Paris hour), or less).

And yes, all timers of this fight are completely fucked up. Even Deadly Boss Mods and BigWigs say that in their source code (I'm using these addons to find some timers).

I hope you'll be able to do more tests this morning or this week-end, and I hope you'll enjoy the fight. :)

2 people like this

So, the first two of them are fixed, and the fix will be applied today. About Rune of Crushing Earth, they do clap, but only 5 seconds after the seconde one spawns.

Actually, it should be exaclty as described here:

Rune of Crushing Earth summons two large hands of stone, which will clap together after approximately 25 seconds. Kromog will summon a second set shortly before the clap occurs.

3 hours ago, Cpt. Shampooing said:

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedbacks!

At the moment, I've already fixed all reported bugs:

• Slam has now reduced damage depending on distance between players and Kromog ;
    • Grasping Earth can now be attacked by his own grasped player ;
    • Rune of Crushing Earth now targets ranged players first.

They'll be applied today (~6PM GMT+1 (Paris hour), or less).

And yes, all timers of this fight are completely fucked up. Even Deadly Boss Mods and BigWigs say that in their source code (I'm using these addons to find some timers).

I hope you'll be able to do more tests this morning or this week-end, and I hope you'll enjoy the fight. :)

Thank you for the fix :). I will come with news asap

All those fixes should now be applied on live servers.

Today's fixes:

• Slamg damage are now correctly reduced depending on distance from the original boss position, without hitbox.;
    • Grasping Earth will not be summoned on a rune if there is no player on it ;
    • Periodic damage of Rune of Grasping Earth will be increased over time ;
    • You can now attack your Grasping Earth in any direction ;
    • Now there will be a 10 seconds delay on Kromog's abilities after Thundering Blows.

Will be applied after the reboot in 12AM GMT+1.

33 minutes ago, Cpt. Shampooing said:

Today's fixes:

• Slamg damage are now correctly reduced depending on distance from the original boss position, without hitbox.;
    • Periodic damage of Rune of Grasping Earth will be increased over time ;
    • You can now attack your Grasping Earth in any direction ;
    • Now there will be a 10 seconds delay on Kromog's abilities after Thundering Blows.

Will be applied after the reboot in 12AM GMT+1.

wow nice after these i guess its about 100% working!

Will do further testing today and see how it is working!

Great Job

Well, I have serious doubts about my past fix on Slam.

Now, since I'm using the coordinates of the boss without his hitbox, I'm taking only 9k damage at maximum melee range... I should be dead instead.

But if I handle the hitbox like before, at maximum melee range, I'm hit with 510k damage, melee players just have to run few meters back, with only 5 yards backwards, they should take around 160k damage, which is perfectly healable, and it's very easy to run more than 5 yards backwards.

Here is my test:

160226034527548773.jpg

The blue marker is for maximum melee range, green is 5 yards, purple is 10 yards, red 15 yards, yellow 20 yards, with one stack of Warped Armor (which cannot be on melee dps) I have the time to reach the 15 yards point before Slam cast finishes, and I took only 11k damage.

They say that pretty well on Icy-Veins:

Finally, the entire raid will take damage from Slam. However, unlike with the other two abilities, players have an active role in dealing with Slam. When Slam is cast, all players should move as far away as possible (within reason) from the boss. Casters and healers will usually be fine if they are at maximum range, but melee players and tanks in particular will have to make an effort to run away from the boss.

So I guess the hitbox on this spell is not really a problem. I'll handle it as before. ;)

Well, anyway, I'll add a few more fixes today:

• Add almost Kromog's spells into Avoidance management, they're mostly AoE spells ;
    • Now Kromog will select a new target if his current target is out of his melee range, and than other players can be targeted ;
    • Thundering Blows will now be casted directly after Rune of Grasping Earth (broken with previous fixes).

Maybe more will come too.

Hello Shampoo.

From the video that I've seen from Insomnio I have to tell you about few things:

The grasping hands (yellow runes) should despawn if they don't have a player in them.

Slam should NOT kill MDPS do not have to move anywhere they just have to spank the boss without worrying about Slam

Proof of Slam DMG in Mythic (it's the same in every mode) 

Edited by Corpsereaver

12 minutes ago, Corpsereaver said:

The grasping hands (yellow runes) should despawn if they don't have a player in them.

I already answered that. ;)

5 hours ago, Cpt. Shampooing said:

Today's fixes:

Well, I'll try to do something similar.

Just now, Cpt. Shampooing said:

I already answered that. ;)

Well, I'll try to do something similar.

Ahh, didn't see :D Anyway... amazing work on this boss it's working extremely good ^^ I think the slam damage is the last problem of the boss and that's it 100% working boss 

Last fixes for today, applied on live realms in 30mn:

• Handle almost all spells of Kromog with Avoidance ;
    • Kromog will now select a new target if his current one is out of melee range and if there is at least one remaining player in it ;
    • Thundering Blows will now be casted directly after Rune of Grasping Earth (was broken after my previous fixes) ;
    • Charging spells now are correctly working on Kromog ;
    • Spells such as Hand of Gul'dan now are correctly working on Kromog ;
    • Now pets will not be despawned when you're grab by a Grasping Earth ;
    • Slam damages should now be fixed (this one's not applied, it will be on the next crash or restart).

Thanks guys for your feedbacks!

1 hour ago, Cpt. Shampooing said:

• Kromog will now select a new target if his current one is out of melee range and if there is at least one remaining player in it ;
    • Thundering Blows will now be casted directly after Rune of Grasping Earth (was broken after my previous fixes) ;
    • Slam damages should now be fixed (this one's not applied, it will be on the next crash or restart).

Shamp can u make the boss respawn 5 m after death plz?

Just for the testing phase!

Thanks in advance

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=157060/rune-of-grasping-earth

sometimes they don't grab you when you stay in the rune.

On 26/2/2016 at 6:02 PM, Cpt. Shampooing said:

All of these look ok. Felguard really op in grasping hands phase and avoidance it's working really well :D

Edited by Remolkeman

At the moment, the runes are scripted this way:

• Kromog begins to channel Rune of Grapsing Earth ;
    • Every 0,4 second, Kromog activates 4 random non activated runes (there are 35 runes) ;
    • Each targeted rune begins his activation process, which is 5 seconds log ;
    • One second after activation, the rune will select the nearest player in a 4 yards radius :
      • If found, player is grabbed ;
      • If not found, rune is destroyed.

It looks like that the rune don't found a player even if you stay on it. Maybe visual effect it's not matching with the rune so that's can be the reason why the rune don't get activated.

Maybe I destroy the rune too soon, maybe the rune doesn't have the right time to select a player properly. I'll try to delay that auto-destruction.

New fixes (will be applied during Monday's update) :

• Decrease attack distance ;
    • Players will now die if they fall at Kromog's feet ;
    • Killing Spree now doesn't make players falling behind Kromog ;
    • Kromog now spams Stone Breath if his current target isn't in melee range ;
    • Fix Kromog's melee damage ;
    • Melee issues should be fixed ;
    • Fix Slam damage.

Looks like the Rune selection is random 90% of the runes didnt gabbed us but some of us got gabbed Like 2 people fom 16

Edited by Sketter

Sketter you too slim, you slip through their finger. They had no problem grabbing me.