wraegoth

[Declined] Suggest for rules.

7 posts in this topic

I want to make a suggestion about rules, today i learned that mogging with cheat engine is banable but is not at rules,  as i know many private servers allowing players to mog with cheat engine cause it doesn't make any advantage over other players, my suggestion is to put even visual effects at description to make it more clear for players, someone that joins and sees that legendary are moggable can easy misunderstand and use cheat engine with confidence that is right like my gf. thank you.

Section VI - Hacking Rules

• Use of Third Party Programs: Using a third-party program or modification to gain advantage over other players. This includes speed hacking, fly hacking, multi-boxing etc
    Punishments:
    First offence: 1 day account suspension
    Second offence: 15 day account suspension
    Third+ offence: 30 day account suspension
Edited by wraegoth
1 person likes this

As Gms from other servers said to me and Astarti(the one that banned by misunderstanding and i learned this) cheat engine mogging doesn't affect server's stability.

But again is at your hand to make it clear that is forbidden to players or add more options to mog-masters npcs.

1 person likes this

Third-party program, I guess its clear. It isnt need to name every program there. By the way, i dont know any private server which allows you that program,do you? And it isnt only for Visual Effects, even you know that.

And you didn't see that one coming? Really, "Cheat Engine" doesn't ring any kind of alarms in your head. Yeah, lets legalize guns and sell them in every supermarket, we will use them for protection only, "we promise". It is like you would play with box saying "explosive" and then being surprised when it explodes...

Otherwise it is simple, there are three questions you have to ask yourself:

Is this made by Blizzard?

Is this made by private server I play on?

Is this add-on, like ones you get on Curse?

If all three questions are answered with no, then it is not allowed. With few rare exceptions, like programs for recording gameplay or streaming.

@Hypnos i would agree if rule wasn't like it is, i know what cheat engine can do, but i think it could be better to be mentioned at rules that is forbidden to used for any use cause it can be comfused by legendary mogs that made from players, at the beginning i was thought that people were using cheat engine to achieve it and while it is not mentioned somewhere about mog anyone can comfuse it.

@Mistix stop pure drama pal, don't compare things that are uncomparable, do you know that addons and macros are considered as third party programs? there are many addons and macros that give advantage to players... As about the questions blizzard doesn't create addons and macros, private servers neither, curse is a site that i can upload whatever addon i like it doesn't mean that it is safe source...

Sure I might have exaggerated a bit. But still, if we support ignorance, then we are only going to get more ignorant people around. I mean cheat part could have tipped you off to at least ask some staff member about it. Would it really be that hard? Nope. Sure I don't need to even do that to know what answer would be. And when you start allowing stuff like this, then people start arguing semantics and everything to justify whatever abuse they can, because rules now technically allow it. Seen it a way too many times.

Yes, I do know, but by design of the game you are obviously allowed to use them, Blizzard does not create macros and add-ons, they do create framework and everything that allows you to use them. Game doesn't need that Interface folder to work, it could be easily hidden away in some mpq file. You use them only because Blizzard allows it and supports use of add-ons. There is big difference between add-ons and cheat engine in what they allow you to do. For add-ons Blizz put a lot of sfeguards in game, so you can not abuse them. Like what they can do, when and so on. Also only thing very clearly against any add-on rules are add-on actions without player interaction. They can however group stuff in one button, like macros would. Or give you additional info. And macros are even deeper in game just because Blizz allows them to be.

Feel free to entertain me with an add-on on Curse that would get people banned or would harm your computer. I am listening... As far as sources go, it is as safe as it gets. I never had any problems and I downloaded a lot of add-ons from there and used them on retail and private servers. Never got banned. Also I mentioned Curse just as example, since almost everyone knows about it.

Greetings wraegoth,

I understand your point. It should say something different like "Using third party programs or a modifier that give an advantage over other players."

The rule then would claim "Using a third-party program OR ....", this means that just USING any program (that is not the game), even if it gives you an advantage or not: It's not allowed. Ofcourse, the program obviously has to be something that changes the game. For example: You mogging a plate item to be mogged into a cloth item is MODIFYING the game. Normally you are not allowed to do that which means you SHOULDN'T do it at all.

However, even if the rule does not say that, it is still stating to simply not change the game for your own gain. "Cheat Engine" is not allowed because of this.

Please understand that not all rules have to have every single detail to explain what they really mean ^_^. The rules are made in a way that is easy and quick to understand them, not have full paragraphs explaining every situation.

Thank you for taking the time to suggest.

Kind Regards,
Head GM Icemetal

Edited by Icemetal
1 person likes this