Riyami

[Declined] Honor rates in MoP

3 posts in this topic

My other thread was about Conquest, but i think its important to split the PvP issues into two threads, one for Honor one for Conquest so they can address both seperatley

Currently it takes an estimated 11 hours to get 4000 honor from BGing expecting win/loss ratio of 50/50. The honor rate for BG's in MOP servers needs to be increased to make PvPers achieve their gear from actual PvPing.

The alternative is spend roughly 16 hours doing the same dungeon for the full honor set via JP to Honor exchange.

This is the simplest slolution:
Apply the honor rates of "Call to Arms" to all BG's. Thats all thats needed to fix the JP farm problem.

Edited by Riyami

I honestly agree wholeheartdly, it discourages alot of new players from continuing on the server if the only means of gearing from PvP is to farm a dungeon. You truly need Call to Arms rates on all BG's or they just arent viable to do at all to get PvP gear.

Thanks for the comment

BG's need to give 400-600 honor a win (Call to Arms rates), and 150-200 a loss, so it'd take roughly 1 hour to buy 1 piece, all in all taking 14 hours of win/loss for full honor set. This matches the current JP Farm speed of getting honor.

This will only serve to balance the PvP more as the difference between Grievous and Prideful stats is huge, and wont affect players that have been gearing since the start of the season. It'll only give new players a chance to get Honor gear so they dont have to que arena with low resilience and be discouraged from the start.

This isnt retail, they dont need people to stay month in month out to make money off them, the best way to have PvP players stick with the chance of them purchasing coins is to give then the ability to catch up in Conquest and Honor, but this thread is particularly about the Honor.

I hope im making a strong enough argument! Its up to the admins and GM's now.

Edited by Riyami