Alicea

The free level 100 + 650 ilvl gear given to people that never bother to join the server in a few months is unfair to the loyal players

38 posts in this topic

Hello,

I want to write this message because of the free level 100 (or 700 free donation points) that was given to players that didn't even bother to log in the server in the last few months.
I think is not fair, as a loyal player I never got anything, I participated to most events and i have a few level 100 characters that i worked for.
People got for free and my achievements mean nothing now,they even have better gear then me :(.
I will protest by not playing here anymore.

Thank you for your time,
Alice.

Edited by Alicea
7 people like this

I agree also.. it should be playes who have been on the server for awhile that should get a reward :/

Greetings,

Excuse me but I have no idea what you're talking about. Care to explain? Because I believe someone lied to you and you're believing that people received free levels. The only reason people would receive points is if there is a giveaway or some special event. As far as I know, there was no such thing but the latest pvp tournament where people received points depending on the number of streamers watching the stream. Other than that, no 700 points were given at any moment.

Season 2 opener. I received an email offering me 1 free premade 100 toon ready for pvp. Or if i already have a lvl 100 on that server i would get a complete arena set. Also i receive a Reins of the Illidari Felstalker mount.

So yeah...free premades for people for season 2.

i have seen several players with this set and mount too, they also told me it's from their email, tbh i think this should of been gave to players that have been here since launch or something... not people who don't even play here for months on end.

I hate that you guys feel that way. This promotional actually has made me want to play WoW, again. There's a plus and a negative to it as you can see. Now I feel bad for even redeeming the character though. I hope I'm not hated because of this.

2 people like this

anyone seen boris in SW lately? 

I agree with the topic creator, it makes abosuletly no sense to give out free character boosts to those that abandoned the server. If that's your way of dealing with the decline of player-base, well, it has one flaw, old inactive people will come in and loyal people feeling unappreciated will leave (hell yee, i'm the nostradamus in dis bitch, predicting an all), how long you think people will stay for just a free level hundred and some green gear? I wouldn't count on them staying long.

1 person likes this

We will get mount points tomorrow too and some other things as a surprice...... 

It's not about the points or the next best mount in the whole universe, it's about common sense. Why would someone get some rewards for being disloyal? 

i agree splaaack, and what about those who work weekends on top of that.. so if we aren't able to play during the weekend, and we are not a "inactive player" we get nothing at all?..it's so wrong that loyal players get jack sht, while u reward the unloyal. too me it just looks like you want more people buying from shop tbh 

1 person likes this

How to get that free lvl 100 char?

I dont get it... ppl plays everyday get NOTHING, but ppl which dont played few months get a 100 char + gear + mount? uhhmmm logic? whos idea is that?

2 people like this

I bet it was someones idea from the top, since even head admin didn't know about it, go figure.

1 person likes this

and they say Fascism has died.... 

2 people like this

yeah the whole thing seems fishy tbh

9 hours ago, Procs said:

i have seen several players with this set and mount too, they also told me it's from their email, tbh i think this should of been gave to players that have been here since launch or something... not people who don't even play here for months on end.

u mean this here?

lTTEuFg.png

I was feeling bad for taking the lvl 100 too, but now this is just annoying. I feel that since I took the 100 toon that now I'm going to get bashed on for no damn reason. I understand your side of the story, but do you not want other people to come to your server and help build it up? Not all of those people abandoned the server. Real life shit happens and people have to take breaks from playing video games. I had to quit wow all together because of family. So, not everything as it seems. This actually makes it easier for me to get back into the game and play and have fun. I don't see anything wrong with that at all....I mean it is just a video game. Play it and have fun.

EDIT: This is the top half of the email I was sent. I don't know why nobody has posted it yet??

unnamed.jpg

Edited by LucidPixel
1 person likes this

I agree with the boost, in all honesty.

The free 100 boost will also boost server population, which is definitely a good thing. It's also a very common marketing tool, Blizzard themselves & so many other companies do the exact same thing.

To everyone complaining about old players not receiving anything, are you not? You get the Illidari mount as well, you get double honor gains, you get free donor points, and you get a heap of random promo codes that will be released. 

Don't act so high & mighty just because you've been around for a while, be happy that the server you love to play on, will have even more people on it, which opens up a lot more options for you to enjoy. Just play the game and enjoy it! :)

4 people like this

Existing players also get to farm newbie 100s in pvp...so i dont see why people are so pissed... 

6 hours ago, Shamata said:

I agree with the boost, in all honesty.

The free 100 boost will also boost server population, which is definitely a good thing. It's also a very common marketing tool, Blizzard themselves & so many other companies do the exact same thing.

To everyone complaining about old players not receiving anything, are you not? You get the Illidari mount as well, you get double honor gains, you get free donor points, and you get a heap of random promo codes that will be released. 

Don't act so high & mighty just because you've been around for a while, be happy that the server you love to play on, will have even more people on it, which opens up a lot more options for you to enjoy. Just play the game and enjoy it! :)

Exactly, its a way to attract new players, which is good for the server

I just returned yesterday to the server partly because the gear boost. I don't know how long i will be staying and whatnot but anyway. I was thinking of trying some new mmorpg but got the email so i decided wth might aswell just go try some wow again. So at least i'm a 1 player to increase server population thx to this. I don't really get why veterans are upset about this. They should already have multiple characters with 660+ gear.

It's the semi new players i find this a bit offensive to. Last night i saw few 600-620 geared ppl who asked how to get this gear and i said talk to boris and apparently they weren't "eligible to season 2 shit" and that sucks. They just spent a week leveling and and playing bg, and some returning old fart comes and gets boosted to way past their ilevel. I felt bad about that :( .It might also be the case they only sent the email to old players who used real money in the past, since if i recall correctly i used a bit real money for some lvl boost for alt back in the Pandashan days.

17 hours ago, Wtfhappened said:

I dont get it... ppl plays everyday get NOTHING, but ppl which dont played few months get a 100 char + gear + mount? uhhmmm logic? whos idea is that?

True, where is justice now here ?

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, LucidPixel said:

I was feeling bad for taking the lvl 100 too, but now this is just annoying. I feel that since I took the 100 toon that now I'm going to get bashed on for no damn reason. I understand your side of the story, but do you not want other people to come to your server and help build it up? Not all of those people abandoned the server. Real life shit happens and people have to take breaks from playing video games. I had to quit wow all together because of family. So, not everything as it seems. This actually makes it easier for me to get back into the game and play and have fun. I don't see anything wrong with that at all....I mean it is just a video game. Play it and have fun.

EDIT: This is the top half of the email I was sent. I don't know why nobody has posted it yet??

unnamed.jpg

You are not going to be bashed, the whole thing is rotatated against the management, since they came up with the wonderful idea and executed it. You have your own reasons for leaving, other have their own, sure, fine by me, but why would only players that left a while ago can receive this boost, how much sense does it that make, rewarding people that did not stick with the server, with their reason of course, but still, the fact is they did not stay in the server, meanwhile people that did stay are still at lower gear than those new "redeemed level 100's" or haven't even reached the maximum level yet. Sure, it's a great "marketing tool" for one side only, blizzard does not do those type of things, you want a hundred level boost, you pay for it, you guys just got it out of the thin air meanwhile others have to level-up and go through all the trouble. Easy for you to say "have fun", think of it as you were a player that haven't reached level hundred, you've seen sticking around for a while, but you don't have time to grind everyday and level your main to the maximum, here comes the promotion that others get level hundred, but you still are stuck with leveling, you'd be content? I really doubt it. And we're not acting all mighty, we're standing up for our interests because I personally find this "marketing trick" to be fucking wack, and apparently I am not the only one, most of the people that sticked to the server and haven't got the promotion think the same. And it's not even about the promotion, it's about common sense and fairness, to be honest, I give zero shits if I'd get a hundred level boost cause I'm "discontent".

Edited by SPLAAACK