Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ultrydina

So badly is haste bugged for shadow priest.

11 posts in this topic

First of all my spriest is ilvl 535 when i got around 41% haste my damage in raids got really low. I don't even know how much haste to stack.

If i dont fuck too badly i can do 120-130k in pure single target while multi aoe fights can go from 150k-180k ish. My biggest problem is no matter the haste i cant get 3xmind flays under a devouring plague i also only way to get them is use  did way low dmg when my haste was high now its around the lower i decide to bring down haste the higher my dmg becomes..

Yes i use a lot of spirit gear because i am a main spec healer i used to 150kish on heavy movement fights but now its like 110k... that just sucks all dmg is burst if i fuck that up tough luck. My spellpower is around 37000 cuz i am stacking int.

I've attempted to play shadow priest with insanity and even though i can see a general increase in the damage of mind flay, the buff itself doesn't appear. Also mind flay doesn't transform into insanity. This is probably the cause to why you cant cast 3 mind flays with that talent. 

what haste% do you recommend? and whats ur dps on low movement fights and on high movement fights on your shadow priest?

I am not sure if this has been fixed or not but players state that haste doesn't affect your dot ticks. Which is why some go with surge of darkness. I don't play pve on my priest, i simply formed a conclusion from my observation while leveling and hunting rares.

your haste is 41% but what about mastery and critical?

2 hours ago, wraegoth said:

your haste is 41% but what about mastery and critical?

Doesn't really matter for the discussion. His main problem is haste not granting him as many MC's into DP as he should get with the percentage of haste at hand. And Mastery and Crit NEVER compete with Haste, when you aren't hitting the breakpoints needed. In this case, since the breakpoint conversion is completely destroyed, both of these stats would only serve as sad and unneeded bandaid-fixes on the Player's side, even though a breakpoint problem that affects a good amount of casters is easily higher in Class-fix priority than most other fixes that are coming up at the moment. 

It does dude, haste cap is 41% at 569 not at 535, that means you have to treat mastery and crit in order to gain more dps....

Edited by wraegoth

On 7.5.2016 at 8:17 PM, wraegoth said:

It does dude, haste cap is 41% at 569 not at 535, that means you have to treat mastery and crit in order to gain more dps....

Nice try, but there's no definite Haste Cap overall for Shadow Priests in the entirety of MoP PvE. Unless you're reading Icyveins or Noxxic guides, made by theorycrafters with the same experience in theorycrafting, as a burned toast. 

There are roundabout 27 different Haste Cap tables for Shadow Priests in MoP (And those are only the Haste Tables for spells that matter..), since every spell has a different cap at which it gains ticks. Haste is ALWAYS your go-to stat, through the entirety of MoP as a Shadow, with Mastery being a close second. SP's Mastery serves the same mechanical purpose that Crit as a whole stat serves, effectively doubling a spell's damage done on a RNG-based percentual procc.

So the question of whether you stack Crit or Mastery, is simply answered by which of both stats scales better. And at the end of the day, Haste is your best-scaling stat, since it gives you more percentage gain for less raw rating. Mastery follows that up, with Crit being vastly inferior to mastery in terms of scaling.

Hitcap > Haste > Mastery, prioritize mastery if you can't reach any of your tick-caps. 

Furthermore, all of those Haste tables differ based on your race. Goblins have lower per-tick caps, due to having haste as their racial, Trolls are the best Shadow Priest race, due to Berserking playing right into the Burst-heavy DPS Meta that MoP Raiding is built around at this point. They require more haste per tickcap as a whole, but their Burst is vastly superior due to the racial. 

41% Haste is the point, at which haste doesn't reduce your GCD any further, but it's mechanical synergy still outvalues Mastery and Crit. And I already told you why Mastery is vastly superior to Crit.

If you're going to help someone, at least make sure your sources are reliable, top-notch and don't spread this half-assed bullshit.

Inb4 crying: Deal. With. It.

Edit: And before the statement comes up, that Haste caps not functioning properly, changes this priority - It doesn't - Mastery just switches it's place with Haste, resulting in pretty much the same outcome when it comes to gearing and the difference is minor if you look at both DPS sheets as a whole. 

Edited by Envious
2 people like this

It's truly a bad situation frost mage the supposdly new player friendly spec suffers from this as well and arcane's single target i don't know whats wrong with it also doesn't help that they are forced to take evocation which sucks sure u can cast evocation and cancel it to regain mana but is that a fun mechanic?.. so all we have for mages then is fire but it can only do well at a high gear lvl also a certain suppose gimmick is helping fire mages do well in raids. Fire is also not new player friendly.

That leaves us with warlock for cloth range dps where destruction mops the floor again due a certain gimmick... I mean for 10mans why take a spriest when with equal gear lvl when you can take warlock.. i mean ppl ask hunters to go spell haste(which sucks now since bm hunters got fixed lol!) or take balance druids which are rather rare.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, ultrydina said:

It's truly a bad situation frost mage the supposdly new player friendly spec suffers from this as well and arcane's single target i don't know whats wrong with it also doesn't help that they are forced to take evocation which sucks sure u can cast evocation and cancel it to regain mana but is that a fun mechanic?.. so all we have for mages then is fire but it can only do well at a high gear lvl also a certain suppose gimmick is helping fire mages do well in raids. Fire is also not new player friendly.

That leaves us with warlock for cloth range dps where destruction mops the floor again due a certain gimmick... I mean for 10mans why take a spriest when with equal gear lvl when you can take warlock.. i mean ppl ask hunters to go spell haste(which sucks now since bm hunters got fixed lol!) or take balance druids which are rather rare.

Well, Classstacking isn't a thing in 10-man. 25 man in MoP is a breeze because you can deal with all the mechanics much smoother and iron out hickups with sheer numbers to an extent. The only challenging difficulty in 25 man is getting the people that you need to run a succesful 25-man group. 10-man is (by a good margin) harder than 25-man, since your Raid Composition needs to be decent for pretty much every boss, in order to tone it down to a difficulty that is akin to 25-man. Priests, be it Disc or Shadow have Utility that is handy in and off of itself. DPS isn't all that matters. If your Raid can't survive the burst throughput of some bosses, you're fucked. And a single shaman's Spirit Link Totem won't do shit there. Competitive MoP Raiding is all about making the best usage of Raid Cooldowns on-CD and a great many classes bring more to a table than a warlock. 

1 person likes this

On 11/5/2016 at 11:16 PM, Envious said:

Nice try, but there's no definite Haste Cap overall for Shadow Priests in the entirety of MoP PvE. Unless you're reading Icyveins or Noxxic guides, made by theorycrafters with the same experience in theorycrafting, as a burned toast. 

it is really funny cause Noxxic and Icyveins say exactly the same thing as you do :P