• Announcements

Gyl

[Warlords of Draenor] CAS system error

18 posts in this topic

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Character Name: Rhoby

Error Info (If there is one): CAS system unable to initialize: Error downloading versions data from patch service
Description of problem: The other day, when I started WoD, this error popped up, followed by 10 Avast warnings that a malicious URL was been blocked. Nothing changed in my computer: the day before I was playing with no issue at all. Out of the 10 warnings I get 5 have http://EU-cdn623.ashran.com/wow/versions as object, while the other 5 have http://EU-cdn623.ashran.com/wow/cdns

Screenshot:  i2o3wCx.png  m4EWHtv.png

This happens to me as well...please explain, Firestorm. We want to play the game.

My avast antivirus also pups up and says the same thing, and it's one of the best antivirus programs out there.

1 person likes this

Use the firestorm launcher instead of the wow.exe to run wod. So the launcher will update your wod and it will get fixed.

didn't work?

If I use the Launcher I get the "Network Unreachable" and Avast pops up with another Threat Blocked warning.

Just now, Gyl said:

If I use the Launcher I get the "Network Unreachable" and Avast pops up with another Threat Blocked warning.

Can you allow your firewall access to the program? Your firewall is the problem in this.

Just now, Drainn said:

Can you allow your firewall access to the program? Your firewall is the problem in this.

Both Firestorm Launcher and Wow.exe are already allowed.

Edited by Gyl

Just now, Gyl said:

Either Firestorm Launcher and Wow.exe are already allowed.

If they are allowed, then your firewall or avast shouldn't block it, try to clarify if they are.

DbNQPGX.pngNUH1zXa.png

Sorry but the language of my pc is Italian... Anyway I don't think it's a problem, is it?

Create a "new rule" and allow the game from there aswell, if that doesn't work, try to close your avast anti virus program aswell.

Skærmbillede (149).png

Skærmbillede (150).png

Works if I disable Avast.
Shall I flag the objects that Avast find as false positives? Is it safe?

This problem I had today earlier what I need to did was that I needed to update my WoW.exe and WoW-64.exe through FirestormLauncher. Then there weren't any popups by my Avast anti-virus.

WoW.exe & WoW-64.exe were updated automatically after I ran FirestormLauncher.

4 hours ago, Tigd said:

This problem I had today earlier what I need to did was that I needed to update my WoW.exe and WoW-64.exe through FirestormLauncher. Then there weren't any popups by my Avast anti-virus.

WoW.exe & WoW-64.exe were updated automatically after I ran FirestormLauncher.

That is what i said in the begin of this topic....

2 hours ago, Hypnos said:

That is what i said in the begin of this topic....

Yeah, but... As I've already said I can't open the Launcher.

So... What do I have to do to be able to play? Flag the threat as false positive or what?

4 minutes ago, Gyl said:

So... What do I have to do to be able to play? Flag the threat as false positive or what?

Yes, that should work. Just beware where you downloaded that torrent, i downloaded mine from battlenet.

I downloaded the client from the old Ashran Launcher.
Anyway, I'll try to redownload it from battle.net, just to be sure.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Gyl

You just have to right-click the folder containing the game, click properties, and uncheck read-only and apply to all folders and sub-folders.