Bax

Bax's Community Gfx Thread

7 posts in this topic

Introduction

Hello guys! my name is Bax, or some of you might have known me as Devout. Since the release of Firestorm my brain has been going nuts! there is so many possibilities, and yet this graphic section is a barren waste land... I'd like to increase it's popularity.

Every so and so I'll update this thread with Firestorm content, may it be from my own imagination, or suggestions from you guys! Follow the thread to see what I create next.

(I don't do signatures, only for staff members.)

10-5-15

Firestorm Blend

mYAxw9U.png

Alright so this is my first piece. It's suppose to represent the four major expansions here at Firestorm, WotlK, Cata, MoP, and WoD. It took me roughly about 90 minutes to do this in Photoshop CC. If anyone wants the brushes, stock, or renders just let me know.

11-27-15

Firestorm Magician?
FxF9sOd.png<Mine & Firestorms>XT5GB5T.png

This was my first attempt in mimicking Firestorms "Style". I had a lot of fun doing it, I couldn't quite get the same cloud effect as them, as I'm not sure what type of cloud/grunge image they used for it. This was a concept I pitched for our events on the TZ realm, but it didn't pass. (I added one of theirs to the right for comparison.)
11-27-15

Taran'Zhu Event Player Cards

u55euSx.png

This was also my first attempt at making player cards... it was a really fun concept idea until I actually did it! but I think so much more is possible! rating, ilvl, guild, quotes, etc! I did these for the Taran'Zhu event winners... but since I'm unable to attend a lot of events it's not very possible for me to keep doing it :l. (I know the render is a bit "Odd" it's becauase it's in WoD... I didn't want to create a whole new render just to change it, since WMV makes WoD models look a bit strange.)

11-27-15

Firestorm Logo Clean Cut

HsISOTW.png

I couldn't find a regular render of the Firestorm logo, I really searched... and when I did find one, it didn't have a transparent background... So with a little help from Lazy Nezumi Pro, I cut one out. It's not perfect but I think It'll get the job done! 

Firestorm Color Squad

Just the MoP logo with some prime colors :).

y0osLX0.pngs0LFqWn.pngMp6ggE9.pngw0SgM2w.png1Svamnc.pngzuum10R.pnglhKqxEJ.pngd6Vy55q.png

Edited by Bax
New Stuff
2 people like this

Thread Log
  • 10-5-15 Firestorm Blend
  • 11-27-15 Firestorm Magician?
  • 11-27-15 Taran'Zhu Event Player Cards
  • 11-27-15 Firestorm Logo Clean Cut
  • 2-14-15 Color Squad
Edited by Bax

I couldn't find a regular render of the Firestorm logo, I really searched... and when I did find one, it didn't have a transparent background... So with a little help from Lazy Nezumi Pro, I cut one out. It's not perfect but I think It'll get the job done! 

Nice work Bax!

LpJLaNg.png

I have make one too,(not clean cut,shaded)while ago,for :D my sigs.Wish to have Lazy Nezumi .

Edited by Azi

Really great work i must say. It is a shame though like you mentioned, to see a forum section such as this one, with a lack of active contributors. Although if people do start to pick up on this graphical design stuff, you could have stumbled upon the most renewable source of user generated, fun content unique for the entirety of the Firestorm playerbase. Imagine a bunch of talented people taking requests or doing favors(in their free time of course), creating forum signatures for the characters/guilds people know and love from ingame. It would establish a much deeper connection between forums and ingame activities, for the players, at least in my perspective.

1 person likes this

Really great work i must say. It is a shame though like you mentioned, to see a forum section such as this one, with a lack of active contributors. Although if people do start to pick up on this graphical design stuff, you could have stumbled upon the most renewable source of user generated, fun content unique for the entirety of the Firestorm playerbase. Imagine a bunch of talented people taking requests or doing favors(in their free time of course), creating forum signatures for the characters/guilds people know and love from ingame. It would establish a much deeper connection between forums and ingame activities, for the players, at least in my perspective.

Very true but i think that people waiting for new forum/theme,but idk when will be that realised,Peluche say's few weeks,but that was almost 2 month ago, same section at French forum is more active,our forum...well,just complains,reporting someone say Hello to community and such :D.Btw,i like to see,or have at editor preview post button like at old forums,and a bit longer time to edit post :D

Edited by Azi
1 person likes this

I mean French(pasted wrong link),cant edit above post after 2 mins,sry about :(

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 5:38 AM, Azi said:

Nice work Bax!

LpJLaNg.png

I have make one too,(not clean cut,shaded)while ago,for :D my sigs.Wish to have Lazy Nezumi .

afakhfgahgdhasjdgayugha, this looks way better than mine... ;-;. Thanks for the share Azi!