• Announcements

Seraphierre

CAS System error

11 posts in this topic

So I get this CAS system error whenever I try to open wow.exe and my Avast antivirus(which is a very good antivirus) pops up and says that the ashran URL has a virus.

I made a thread about this on the technical support section and I didn't get any answer and many other people have the same issue.

So what am I supposed to do, exactly? Even if I turn off my antivirus I'll probably have the error and I don't want to constantly fuck my PC's security whenever I play wow(which is a lot).

This didn't happen to anyone a few weeks ago, so I think something's up with that ashran URL where the game and shit gets downloaded from.

Hello @Seraphierre , you should remove WoW.exe & WoW-64.exe from your World of Warcraft folder and run again Firestorm Launcher to download new executables. I had same problem with Avast which pop-up 6 problems with URL:Mal(ware). After re-download I can normally play WoW: Warlords of Draenor on Grommash.

Edited by Tigd

Hello,

Is there news on how to fix this particular error?

I have tried to re-install the whole game from scratch? ( regular wow by blizz is working fine )

I have tried to play on other servers and I get the same exact error when installing those.

WoW Error.jpg

It doesn't work for me

On 4/4/2016 at 8:00 AM, Tigd said:

Hello @Seraphierre , you should remove WoW.exe & WoW-64.exe from your World of Warcraft folder and run again Firestorm Launcher to download new executables. I had same problem with Avast which pop-up 6 problems with URL:Mal(ware). After re-download I can normally play WoW: Warlords of Draenor on Grommash.

Hi!

You can try 2 things:

1 Restart Computer
    Run Firestorm Launcer
       In Launcher - Go to Options
         Click Scan and Repair
            Start the game.

2 Run Game as administrator

The same problem do not know how to fix

you can select from wow.exe and wow-64.exe from your Wolrd of Worldcraft file and go to propreties.After this you have to uncheck the read only

Greeting @Seraphierre here is the solution to fix CAS error

HOW TO FIX CAS ERROR

Error description:

This error can be caused by your computer due to file access or creation issues

Sample of error:

aBwdN0c.png

Solution:

Make sure the game is not is use by an other program.

If you downloaded the game it via torrent move your game into an other drive in your computer.

Do not put your game files on an system protected folder.

Make sure your game and related files are not blocked by your antivirus or secutiry applications.

Right click on your game folder, then choose Properties (or simply press [Alt]+[Enter]). Now properties window appears, in the bottom of window uncheck (remove the mark) the “Read-only” option and click on “OK” and “choose apply this change for this folder, subfolders and files”, then press “OK” again.

Open your "Folder Options", go to “View” tab and put dot in front of "Show hidden files and folders" and apply. After that go to drive C, open ProgramData folder. Delete or rename "Blizzard Entertainment" folder(If the folder exists).

Get CCleaner or an other registry cleaner tool and try cleaning your registry.

Go into your game directory and try clearing your Cache and WTF folder inside of the world of warcraft folder(You can rename those folders too).

Uninstall Firestorm official launcher and re-Install it again. Open the Firestorm official launcher, choose the expansion and locate the game, select “Settings”, then “Analyze and repair”, wait for the repairing and click on “Play” button.

If the problem is not solved yet, try creating an other user account(With administrator rights) in your computer and run the game in your new user account you made.

Kind regards,

Trial Game Master Echks

1 person likes this

One more guide for those who have the very similar The CAS System was unable to initialize: ClientHandler: initialization error: failed to create storage component error, a search for that will bring people here...

On 23. 06. 2017. at 6:48 PM, Echks said:

Greeting @Seraphierre here is the solution to fix CAS error

HOW TO FIX CAS ERROR

Error description:

This error can be caused by your computer due to file access or creation issues

Sample of error:

aBwdN0c.png

Solution:

Make sure the game is not is use by an other program.

If you downloaded the game it via torrent move your game into an other drive in your computer.

Do not put your game files on an system protected folder.

Make sure your game and related files are not blocked by your antivirus or secutiry applications.

Right click on your game folder, then choose Properties (or simply press [Alt]+[Enter]). Now properties window appears, in the bottom of window uncheck (remove the mark) the “Read-only” option and click on “OK” and “choose apply this change for this folder, subfolders and files”, then press “OK” again.

Open your "Folder Options", go to “View” tab and put dot in front of "Show hidden files and folders" and apply. After that go to drive C, open ProgramData folder. Delete or rename "Blizzard Entertainment" folder(If the folder exists).

Get CCleaner or an other registry cleaner tool and try cleaning your registry.

Go into your game directory and try clearing your Cache and WTF folder inside of the world of warcraft folder(You can rename those folders too).

Uninstall Firestorm official launcher and re-Install it again. Open the Firestorm official launcher, choose the expansion and locate the game, select “Settings”, then “Analyze and repair”, wait for the repairing and click on “Play” button.

If the problem is not solved yet, try creating an other user account(With administrator rights) in your computer and run the game in your new user account you made.

Kind regards,

Trial Game Master Echks

THANKS ALOT! THIS WORKS!

1 person likes this