Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lagdyret

FAQ

3 posts in this topic

Hello community member,

This post is aimed at new players and serves as an informative guide about Firestorm. Here you'll find:

• Which expansions can I play on Firestorm?
  • Do I need to download each and every expansion before I can play?
  • I want to play on more than one expansion. How do I do that?
  • How do I install an expansion and play on it?
  • What is the XP rate and can I change it?
  • I have problems with installing the game, errors, lag or an other technical issue. What can I do?
  • Does Firestorm have Blizz-like realms?
  • In the shop, what is the difference between gold and silver coins?
  • How do I gain donation and vote points?
  • I have problems related to the shop, such as not getting the item that I purchased. What can I do?
  • Can I transfer characters between expansions and realms?
  • I deleted one of my characters. How do I recover it?
  • I'd like to join a PvE guild. Where can I find a list of active PvE guilds?
  • I have found a bug in the game. Where do I report it?
  • Can I play PvE on Firestorm's PvP realms?
  • Where do I report a player?
  • My account was banned. How do I appeal?
  • How do I change my profile picture?

You can find additional informations at Firestorm's own FAQ page Here. It contains information about:

• I have an account on another server, can I transfer it here?
  • What is account merge?
  • How to download the launcher?
  • How to download the games?
  • I forgot my credentials. What to do?
  • I forgot my email linked to my account. What to do?
  • It says my account is already linked. What to do?
  • My launcher does not work. What to do?
  • My old account is stilled banned. What to do?

• Q: Which expansions can I play on Firestorm?
  • A: You can see a list of all expansions and realms by following the URL link Here

• Q: Do I need to download each and every expansion before I can play?
  • A: No. You only have to install the expansion you want to play. If you want to play Cataclysm, then just install Cataclysm and use the Firestorm launcher.

• Q: I want to play on more than one expansion. How do I do that?
  • A: You can play on more than one expansion, just install each expansion that you want to play on. For example, if you want to play on Cataclysm and Warlords of Draenor, then install Cataclysm in its own folder, then install Warlords of Draenor in another folder. Then you can play on both by using the Firestorm launcher.

• Q: How do I install an expansion and play on it?
  • A: Download Firestorm's launcher from Firestorm's official website Here. Then open the Firestorm laucnher and click on the expansion that you want to play on. Then click on the download button and follow the instructions. If you have already downloaded the expansion, then click on Already installed underneath the download button and locate the folder that contains all the game files. Let the launcher download the necessary files. Click on play when the launcher is done.

• Q: What is the XP rate and can I change it?
  • A: Your XP rate is 5x by default. However, you can change it to 3x or 1x by visiting any major city, such as Stormwind or Orgimmar, and then talk to a XP rate master, who looks like a val'kyr as shown in the screenshot Here.

• Q: I have problems with installing the game, errors, lag or an other technical issue. What can I do?
  • A: Create a post in the Technical Support section Here. Be sure to follow the correct format as described Here, or else your post might be deemed as invalid.

• Q: Does Firestorm have Blizz-like realms?
  • A: All realms are blizz-like as much as possible at the moment with the exception of the tournament realm, which is a fun realm. I like to point out that this does not mean that there aren't any bugs or that all contents are available, but it means that Firestorm's aim is to make the realms as identical to retail as much as possible. 

• Q: In the shop, what is the difference between gold and silver coins?
  • A: Gold coins are donation points and can be used the purchase any item from the shop. Silver coins are vote points and can be used to purchase a few items from the shop.

• Q: How do I gain donation and vote points?
  • A: To get donation points, go to Firestorm's website or forum, then click on the Buy tab in the navigation bar at the top of the site. Firestorm also - occasionally - post promotional codes on their Twitter or Facebook site, which can be used to obtain donation points by going to Firestorm's website, then click on My Account at the top-right corner, and then click on Account information. Here you will find a section where you can enter the promotional code. The Firestorm staff also host events where you can win donation points. You can find events Here. To get vote points, go to Firestorm's website or forum, then click on Vote. You get 1 vote point for each website you vote on. The site might not update the amount of vote points as you vote, but try refresh the site after some time.

• Q: I have problems related to the shop, such as not getting the item that I purchased. What can I do?
  • A: First follow the URL link Here, then go to the bottom and read the section Shop support & assistance to check whether your issue is covered by support. If it is, then follow the URL link Here and create a shop support ticket.

• Q: Can I transfer characters between expansions and realms?
  • A: Yes. Go to Firestorm's website and then go to the shop. After that click on Manage your characters. Here you'll be able to find the options the copy your character to an expansion or transfer it to another realm.

• Q: I deleted one of my characters. How do I recover it?
  • A: Go to Firestorm's website and then go to the shop. After that click on Manage your characters. Here you'll be able to find the option to recover your deleted characters.

• Q: I'd like to join a PvE guild. Where do I find a list of active PvE guilds?
  • A: To see the leading PvE guilds follow the URL link Here. For informations provided by the guild, such as contact information, try go through the guild section, which you can find by following the URL link Here, then pick your expansion and then click on Guilds.

• Q: I have found a bug in the game. Where do I report it?
  • A: Go to the bugtracker Here. Check if someone has already reported the bug. If not, then create a ticket by following the URL link Here.

• Q: Can I play PvE on Firestorm's PvP realms?
  • A: Yes. PvP realms contains all contents, such as raid and dungeons. They're called PvP realms, because you're automatically flagged for PvP in contested or enemy zones, and you cannot unflag PvP while you stay in these zones. Players of the opposite faction can attack you while you're flagged for PvP.

• Q: Where do I report a player?
  • A: First check if the player have done something that is against the rules, by following the URL link Here. If the player have, then follow the URL link Here, then pick your expansion and click on Report a Player. Then create a post that follows the correct format as described Here with the necessary evidences.

• Q: My account was banned. How do I appeal?
  • A: Follow the URL link Here and read the instructions provided by the post.

• Q: How do I change my profile picture?
  • A: Follow the URL link Here. Then click on your profile picture. It will load your current character, which you can use as a profile picture. Adjust the position of your character and then click on save.

Greetings all, so I have not written a guide in a while, now. I recently came back to Firestorm after I stopped playing for long time. This guide will focus on frequently asked questions that are asked between now and then. I hope I get edit permission on this thread, because this guide will be work in progress. So, let us start.

1. I cannot trade or send items  gold to anyone even between my characters. What do I do?

You probably got the legion torrent. So, you need to delete some files off it, to be able to trade or send items  items. Here is what you need to do

1. Quit your World of Warcraft legion client, and make sure it is closed.
  2. Go to your World of Warcraft Legion folder.
  3. Browse to the Interface folder.
  4. Delete everything that is inside the Interface folder with the exception of two folders named Addons and FrameXML. Read carefully. You need to keep both Addons and FrameXML folders.
  5. Go inside the FrameXML folder and delete everything, and keep only the two files named HelpFrame.lua and HelpFrame.xml.
  6. That is it. Start the game and enjoy.

2. I have downloaded the game from the torrent and every time I start the game, it says CAS Error. What to do?

You need to do the following

1. Go to your World of Warcraft folder and right click it.
  2. Uncheck the Read Only option then confirm.
  3. Start the game and enjoy.

3. My legion client does not keep the settings that I have selected after quitting the game. I do not have any sound ingame. What do?

1. Apply the settings you want ingame.
  2. Quit your WoW client completely.
  3. Browse to your World of Warcraft folder.
  4. Browse to the WTF.
  5. Copy the Firestorm.wtf file.
  6. Go back to the World of Warcraft main folder and paste the file there overwriting the file there, if there is one there already.
  7. Start the client and enjoy. Keep in mind that each time you change the settings, you need to repeat those steps all over again.

4. Legion has slow loading screens. Please no more.

1. Browse to your World of Warcraft folder and find the Firestorm.wtf file.
  2. Open the file using notepad.
  3. Scroll to the last line.
  4. Move to the last letter of the last line and hit enter.
  5. Add the following line and then save the file and start the game and enjoy.
SET worldPreloadNonCritical "0"

5. I no longer see the NPCs in Dalaran. Help me, please.

1. Press L to open your quests log.
  2. Find the quest you just took that is marked Suramar.
  3. Drop that quest.
  4. Enjoy.

6. I cannot get credit for this world quest, Please halp me.

1. First of all, log out and back in. That fixes most of the issues with world quests.
  2. If that does not help, go to your quest log by pressing L, then drop the quests you do not need especially the battleground quests.
  3. If that does not help, keep an eye on the quest displayed on the tracking. There is one boss that spawns in one spot but the quest does not give you credit unless you move the boss to another spot. If you keep an eye on the tracking, you will see that the quest becomes activated when you move the boss to a different area.
  4. if that does not help, you need to YouTube the quest and watch how it is done. There are some bosses that require you to click an NPC nearby to activate them.

7. I have a profession quest and it is not working for me. Though, I see that people who got the reward spell associated with it. How? Are they hackers?

1. There are some quests that require you to kill bosses or mobs for some item(s). The drop rate for those quest items are pretty low. So, you need to keep killing those mobs over and over until the item drops for you.
  2. If that is not it, you should know that there are mobs and dungeon bosses that drop recipes with higher ranks. Feel free to kill mobs while doing world quests and do dungeons.
  3. If that does not help, then ask on world

8. How do I unlock my third relic on my artifact weapon.

1. You need 25 traits to unlock the third relic.
  2. If you still did not unlock by 25 traits, simply log out and back it. That solves it.

9. I cannot do the "Save Yourself" quest at all. Is my NPC possessed or something?

1. I have written a mini guide on how to do that quest with the current combat bug. Find the guide on this same section.
  2. Follow the steps.
  3. Enjoy.

10. How do unlock my Tier 3 garrison.

1. The tier 3 garrison is currently disabled because it is not scripted. People copying their characters from WoD would notice they got tier 3 garrison, though its actually empty with nothing to do.
  2. If you are copying a character from WoD make sure it is at tier 2.

11. I just reached level 110. How do I get gear now.

1. Go to your class hall. If you do not know what that is, google *yourclass* class hall. Then, find out how to reach it.
  2. After going to your class hall, explore it until you find the NPC that sells gear.
  3. Buy the gear from there and start doing world quests.

12. I do not have much gold. Where do I farm gold please.

1. There are some old raids that you can use to farm gold.
  2. You can go to Heart of Fear 10 and kill all trash mobs and loot them then sell the gear and items that drop from there.
  3. You can go to Firelands raid and do the same.
  4. Make sure you do not kill any bosses or you will be saved.
  5. After reaching the first boss, simply go out reset and redo the raid, killing trash over and over.

13. I want to make gold but I do not want to just farm trash. I want moar gold. What do?

1. Get some gathering professions and start farming stuff then sell it on the auction house.
  2. Get some crafting professions and make stuff and sell it on auction house.
  3. Farm low level dungeons and find some cool looking gear items and sell them at a high price at auction house

14. Halp me please, Some people are whispering me with "gold please" and gold scams. What do I do?

1. Sometimes ignoring those people would help. Though, we all know that they can create other characters and start all over again.
  2. The only way I know to combat those "gold plis" and "gold sell" people is by a means of an addon.This addon is called BadBoy,
  3. Get the main addon from here: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/bad-boy
  4. Get this extra addon from here: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/badboy_levels
  5. Quit your WoW client completely.
  6. Install both of the addons into your World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns folder.
  7. Start the client and log in.
  8. Type this command at your chat: /badboy
  9. Hit enter and you will see the addon menu popping up. Feel free to modify the levels of which the people are allowed to whisper you. You can specify the levels for all classes, demon hunters, and death knights. I have personally put 100 on all three. I no longer get any gold spam at all since those gold beggars are mostly under level 100. Whenever they whisper you, they receive a message that they must be at level x to be able to whisper you.
  10. Enjoy.

15. I cannot ress my corpse. What do I do. I have tried everything.

1. You can use the website to unstuck yourself.
  2. You can try using the .st command ingame, too.
  3. Sometimes traveling to the next map allows you to use the healer there to ress with sickness, too.

16. This spell is not available to you. How do I fix that.

1. A simple relog fixes that. This happens when you switch to another spec.

17. Sometimes when I switch to a different spec I lose my actionbar setup or some of the actions. Why? WHY?

1. Fear no more. You do not have to worry about this issue anymore.
  2. Get this WoW addon named ProfilesActionBars: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/profiles-action-bars
  3. Install the addon check your new minimap icon.
  4. Use it to save the actionbars for the spec.
  5. Go to the second spec and save the actionbars again for that spec.
  6. Whenever you lose some actions simply use the addon to restore the actionbar setup.
  7. Well done.

18. An addon X is not working for me. What do I do?

1. You need to get the version that supports our current client which is currenlty 7.1.5.
  2. Sometimes even the 7.2 addons work, though start with 7.1.5.
  3. On Curse you can click the "Other Files" tab to find old versions.

19. I have a problem X that I cannot solve. What to do.

1. Log out and back in.
  2. If that does not help, quit the client completely then go to your WoW folder and delete the Cache folder in there. Then start the WoW client.
  3. If that does not help, make a ticket to ask a game master for help.

20. How can I level crafting professions fast?

1. There is an NPC in Ashran for every crafting profession that sells a WoD book for 100g.
  2. Buy the book from that NPC and learn it.
  3. Start leveling your profession with WoD mats at 10+ 5+ 3+.

21. I cannot loot the chest in this dungeon. Why?

1. Most of the time this happens when you are in combat.
  2. Go pull some mobs and die.
  3. Have someone ress you.
  4. Open the chest(s).
  5. Well done.

More questions coming later.

Edited by Sam
5 people like this

how can i create a demon hunter on sylvanas