SupremeAgni

[Warlords of Dreanor] Initial Client Error (Fix)

51 posts in this topic

Just now, Tigd said:

Can you write your WoW folder PATH?

Official WoW

D:\Games\World of Warcraft 

Firestorm 

D:\Games\Firestorm WoW\WoD

When you installed Firestorm Launcher? 

Just now, Tigd said:

When you installed Firestorm Launcher? 

C:\Users\kwish\Desktop\FirestormLauncher

But when, nowdays? 

Just now, Tigd said:

But when, nowdays? 

I have never played the server before I am just starting to try to get it working.

If you installed Firestorm only nowdays you should restart your PC. 

I don't know why you can't install your game only from WoW.exe 

Edited by Tigd

1 minute ago, Tigd said:

If you installed Firestorm only nowdays you should restart your PC. 

I don't know why you can't install your game only from WoW.exe 

When I have tried to install the game it gives me a language and I have tried both English American and Europe and neither are working now.

Just now, Bladie21 said:

When I have tried to install the game it gives me a language and I have tried both English American and Europe and neither are working now.

When I installed game I chose English US. 

Edited by Tigd

Just now, Tigd said:

When I installed game I choosed English US. 

Okay so- I am going to delete all Firestorm data. I am going to re download the launcher, then download the launcher data for WoD then you said I should restart the computer then run the Wow.exe or Wow-64.exe in the Firestorm folder correct? then English US

Just now, Bladie21 said:

Okay so- I am going to delete all Firestorm data. I am going to re download the launcher, then download the launcher data for WoD then you said I should restart the computer then run the Wow.exe or Wow-64.exe in the Firestorm folder correct? then English US

You should download only about 60 MB from Firestorm Launcher (WoW.exe and Wow-64.exe) when you are going to install game from Firestorm Launcher select totally empty folder and choose "Do this folder contain full game?" select yes it will download only WoW.exe and Wow-64.exe and after that run WoW.exe which will start download full game which can take about 10 minutes (wow-downloading.png) aftet that should game launch automatically. 

Be patient.

Just now, Tigd said:

You should download only about 60 MB from Firestorm Launcher (WoW.exe and Wow-64.exe) when you are going to install game from Firestorm Launcher select totally empty folder and choose "Do this folder contain full game?" select yes it will download only WoW.exe and Wow-64.exe and after that run WoW.exe which will start download full game which can take about 10 minutes (wow-downloading.png) aftet that should game launch automatically. 

Be patient.

So I followed what you said. I launched the Firestorm launcher, I said yes to contained full game in a brand new folder. After it was finished I restarted and then tried running the WoW.exe and it gave me the CAS error. I even turned off read-only. Didn't work.

I even copied the WoW.exe to a new empty folder so it was the only file and loads up data, logs, and WTF but then nothing else.

17 minutes ago, Tigd said:

Be patient.

Okay I don't know why - I tested MoP from the launcher and right away it downloaded the files, then launched he initial setup like you showed, just didn't work for WoD

Try to turn off antivirus when you launch WoD for install.

Sorry for that I can't help you more.

Here is full WoD game client guide for how to download it, maybe it will help you.

Edited by Tigd

27 minutes ago, Tigd said:

Here is full WoD game client guide for how to download it, maybe it will help you.

Thanks for all the help, I tried this and there were no active seeders and it was a huge estimate of days to download.

Hi all, I have a same issue. I tried everything, but still doesn't work for me

On 2/5/2016 at 6:37 PM, SupremeAgni said:

Introduction

I understand how hard it is for players, and developers to freshly install a game (whether it be theirs, or not) from anywhere only to see it not work, and I've had my fare share of those happen just as much as everyone else here more recently though was with Warlords of Dreanor from the Firestorm servers now don't get me wrong, I love Firestorm, but even though "I love them" that doesn't mean them perfect, far from it in fact. They are only human, just like the rest of us, and they will make mistakes, again just like the rest of us that's why it's up to us as a community to help resolve whatever we can whenever we can, to make the Forum, and the game a better place to co-exist in.

"Enough rambling Vexes, and tell us what we came here for!" you might be saying, and ok I'll give you a quick run down of what you most likely came here for.

Why I think This Exists & How To Fix It

As you all know since Firestorm released 6.2.3 they've been "plagued" with error reports from people who freshly installed the game through the Firestorm launcher they attempted to use a torrent (With little success IMO) to resolve this issue thinking it was some issue with installing all the needed files which they where kinda correct, but the "fix" at times proved to not work for some people, because of one small thing they overlooked as far as I can see from the forum anyway, the reason for the error is mainly because the client cannot finish writing data to the folder because the folder has a Read Only Permission which is easily fixed by Right Clicking, and going down to Properties then un-checking the Read Only option near the bottom of the General Page once that is done you should be able to load the game just like normal, and have some fun in Azeroth once again with Firestorm

Step By Step Photo Tutorial

screenshot_20160502_090425.png

screenshot_20160502_090704.png

screenshot_20160502_090831.png

screenshot_20160502_090920.png

screenshot_20160502_091135.png

screenshot_20160502_091709.png

I made all in this guide but not work, and i fix the error otherwise i disble my ant virus (windows defender) and the game open

Mac user here. Changing permission doesnt work either, what should I do?

On 5/12/2016 at 10:26 AM, ItzDestinyX said:

ive done this and still get a CAS error

i have the same prolem. if you figuered it out i would appriciate some help

This is my error. I've tried the tutorial and that didn't work, I've tried re-installing the game that didn't work. I've tried using the utorrent file and that didn't work.  http://sk.hys.cz/items/wow-downloading.png This I don't get, it just says downloading and then it finishes, nothing more downloading. Then I start it and the same message pops up. I've tried un-ticking the file but it still doesn't work.

CAS Error.png

Is there a way to go back and try to reset language to EU english? I've tried everything else. I rebooted my pc and made sure my read only was toggled off. I still get error

wowbust.jpg

i just downloaded the launcher. Then i downloaded the WoD and it was something around 100mb. The game doesn't start after asking for the language, and i can't change paths on the folder. It always gives me the same messege "game is running..."

What should i do?

Download the torrent file, then reinstal the launcher and then find the path of the game folder?

On 6/2/2016 at 2:04 AM, Tigd said:

When I have tried to install the game it gives me a language and I have tried both English American and Europe and neither are working now

any solution for this please help

1 hour ago, frankenstine said:

any solution for this please help

When you select language check processes in TaskManager, there is World of Warcraft executable running and it uses internet to download required data files. You should wait ~5-10 minutes until this is done.

This window will pop-up after ~5-10 minutes.

wow-downloading.png

After this window is closed, World of Warcraft will launch automatically.

tigd-logo.png

Edited by Tigd