Shelby

[Official] Securing your Firestorm Account

1 post in this topic

9RnwotT.png

In this tutorial, you will learn some tips, tricks, and more security features for your Firestorm Account. We receive numerous tickets about players having their accounts compromised. As per our Policies and Guidelines your account is your responsibility, so let's get started with the tutorial.

HEm0UGH.png

Your Account:
Account Security is the number one reason why the majority of the players have their accounts compromised. Here are some tips and tricks on how to improve your account security and other ways to monitor your account activity.

• Protecting your Account
    • Never share your account information with anyone else.
    • Never enter your Firestorm Account credentials outside of the Firestorm Website.
    • Never click on suspicious links even if they come from a friend.
    • Log out of Firestorm completely when you're using a computer you share with other people.
    • Make sure your account e-mail is verified.
    • Use our Account Authenticator.
    • Frequently run an anti-virus scan with a trusted anti-virus program. If it detects any suspicious programs or applications, remove it immediately.
    • Frequently run Malware scans to ensure that your computer has no malware.

• Protecting your Password
    • Do not use the same password you use for Firestorm anywhere else.
    • Never share your password with anyone else, it should only be known to you.
    • Avoid using common words, your name etc. in your password. Your password should be difficult to guess.
    • Use a long password with symbol and numbers in it.
    • To be sure that someone doesn't know your password, you should try to change it every three months.

• Additional Security Tools:

HEm0UGH.png

Account Authenticator:
The account authenticator provides an extra step in your account security. We recommend all players that are playing here enable this on their account to ensure that their account is fully secured.

• How it works
    • Enable the authenticator, then scan the QR barcode with one of the applications.
    • After you scan the barcode you will be prompted with a code, you will need to enter it.
    • Every time you login from another location you will be prompted to enter the specific code that is on your application.

• How to set it up
    • In order to set up the authenticator go to the Firestorm Website, and then click on "Account Information" under your "My Account" drop down.
    • Once you've made it to the Account Authenticator page, you will see the icon Authenticator. Click on the button "Manage", if the icon is already green it's enabled for your account.
    • Once on the authenticator page, you will be prompted to enable it, you can choose from the following applications which are provided for your account.
    • Once you have downloaded one of those programs scan the barcode that is provided on the page with the application you're using. After that you'll be prompted by Firestorm to enter the code the application gives you.
    • When the authenticator application is enabled, you'll be prompted to enter your access code when you log into our servers. 

HEm0UGH.png

• Frequently Asked Questions:
    • Q: I see suspicious activity on my account, it wasn't me?
      • A: Please change your account password as soon as possible.

• Q: My account has been compromised, what can I do?
      • A: Unfortunately due to our Policies and Guidelines your account is your responsibility and there is nothing we can do.

• Q: My password was changed, what can I do?
    • Q: Some unauthorized person accessed my account and deleted my characters, what can I do?
      • A: You'll need to restore your characters via the Shop.

• Q: Some unauthorized person accessed my account, deleted my items and used my gold. What can I do?
    • Q: Will a Game Master ask me any information about my password?
      • A: A Game Master will never ask you information about your account that would compromise its security.
8 people like this