Envious

Want Info? Get Info!

167 posts in this topic

With Beta starting and going up this Tuesday (2 PM PST), I'll be starting to take requests from both Firestorm Players, as well as Firestorm Devs, for any kind of Content you want to see from the Legion Test Servers.

While there surely are a lot of Videos from Alpha, already out there on the Internet, I thought this would be a good time to ask all of you guys, what you want to see first-hand and deliver that info to you in a quick and informative way.

 

So - If you want to see something that might've not been recorded yet, want a different angle or point of view for Content you'd like to see, feel free to post a request here in this Thread and I'll get right to it, once the Beta Servers are coming back up. 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 questions:

1: is snapshotting still removed from the game? :(
2: will there be a "go to" spec in legion aswell with sertain ilv's as we have seen in the past expansions. since i would love to either play enhancement or demo lock. but it would suck if a guild simply wont accept you because you like your personal preference (incase they are not the way to go spec)
3: will the game even be fun with those healthpools? i dont mind high numbers in mop, but it was going abit to far, yet in legion it seems like the dmg values are tripled and the hp values are just multiplied by the amount of blizzard employees that have 10 or less IQ points (thus alot :P)

Edited by Kilydan
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kilydan said:

3 questions:

1: is snapshotting still removed from the game? :(
2: will there be a "go to" spec in legion aswell with sertain ilv's as we have seen in the past expansions. since i would love to either play enhancement or demo lock. but it would suck if a guild simply wont accept you because you like your personal preference (incase they are not the way to go spec)
3: will the game even be fun with those healthpools? i dont mind high numbers in mop, but it was going abit to far, yet in legion it seems like the dmg values are tripled and the hp values are just multiplied by the amount of blizzard employees that have 10 or less IQ points (thus alot :P)

1 - Can't tell you much about snapshotting. The Trinkets that I saw on the Dungeon Journal for Emerald Nightmare seemed FUN, but not really like anything you could snapshot. In fact, I think there wasn't a single Trinket that gave you a snapshottable Stat buffs. All of them were actually their own little mechanic, which played into certain speccs or fights. A great example would be Ursoc's Rending Claw - Which you will see a longer explanation of how OP it currently is right here.

2 - At this point it's fairly clear that Blizzard won't do shit about "go to" specs at all. Enhancement Shamans are DEFINITELY up there in both Playstyle-Depth and Performance currently, even after the first number tuning pass at the end of Alpha. Out of all the speccs availale, Enhancement is definitely one of the best in both Playstyle and pure throughput. I can see them being a pretty solid contender for the pure-throughput Melee Spots in your Raid, along with Fury (although, if you care about mechanics, most of Fury's shit is convoluted as fuck - even though it gets the job done). Demon Hunters currently just seems like AoE powerhouses, but most of the fights I saw have pretty important Single-Target Priorities, so I'd cross my fingers on DH being any good for competitive Progression at the moment. 

3 - Depends on personal preference. The Health Pools only really become ridiculous when you see a Bear Tank that stacks Mastery (his only way of mitigation), running around with 10m+ HP. Boss Health Pools are moving back to the numbers we had in Mists, but I guess they upped their numbers game a bit, seeing that they were finally able to increase the individual gold cap to 10 million, despite having said numerous times that they couldn't increase it due to technical limitations - which was also the reason for the stat squish, as they couldn't design Garrosh with less than 4 Phases where constantly heals, due to those limitations. We'll either see a squish again next expac or they have upped their game - One of the two. But as stated above, pure Preference. I don't mind the Health Pools and DPS - I got confused after MoP anyway (with the Squish), so going back to numbers we've grown used to is much better from my perspective.

 

Little Reminder: Beta starts today, inbetween 23:30-24:00 European Time, if you want anything shown, post until then, so I can get the first batch of stuff out as soon as tomorrow.

Edited by Envious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks, seems like im gonna play enhancement :P

but i asked about demo locks, not demon hunters but thanks for the respond :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kilydan said:

thanks, seems like im gonna play enhancement :P

but i asked about demo locks, not demon hunters but thanks for the respond :)

Generally used the Demon Hunter as an example there. Demo plays well, but you know... it's different from what you're used to, since now you are summoning Beholders, Fel Doge's, Imps, Imps riding Fel Doge's, empower them, have them do ~80% of your overall damage and you basically just cast basic stuff into the mobs to generate Soul Shards. Demo is fun, but most of your damage comes from the Pets, so don't expect your own numbers to matter much. Only thing that matters is keeping up your minions and using Empower at the right time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Envious said:

Generally used the Demon Hunter as an example there. Demo plays well, but you know... it's different from what you're used to, since now you are summoning Beholders, Fel Doge's, Imps, Imps riding Fel Doge's, empower them, have them do ~80% of your overall damage and you basically just cast basic stuff into the mobs to generate Soul Shards. Demo is fun, but most of your damage comes from the Pets, so don't expect your own numbers to matter much. Only thing that matters is keeping up your minions and using Empower at the right time.

i rly like that kind of playstyle tbh, i like being a "master" over my minions, having a own army i've to lead. Demonology locks seems like i always wanted from a demonology "demon master" warlock since you are finally in control of your demons, not just one but multiple diffirent demons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kilydan said:

i rly like that kind of playstyle tbh, i like being a "master" over my minions, having a own army i've to lead. Demonology locks seems like i always wanted from a demonology "demon master" warlock since you are finally in control of your demons, not just one but multiple diffirent demons.

Look. Imps riding Fel Stalkers. What more can a guy ask for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Envious said:

Look. Imps riding Fel Stalkers. What more can a guy ask for.

be able to control every pet individually, but that's against blizzard's terms of: "12 y/o kids need to understand every class" ;(

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kilydan said:

be able to control every pet individually, but that's against blizzard's terms of: "12 y/o kids need to understand every class" ;(

Affliction is so booooooooooring asf god legion is the time to respec...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Abie said:

Affliction is so booooooooooring asf god legion is the time to respec...

Yeah. I fell asleep just as much testing Affli in Alpha when it came out, as I did playing Legion Arms. It's... meh.

Anyways, in case somebody wonders, I won't be streaming any Beta stuff yet, I'll probably just do my own thing for now and hang around twitch.tv/slootbag 's stream and Discord, maybe do some Dungeons with the bald baby later during his Stream, when we're done with leveling back up. Although, he'll probably focus mostly on Chat/Community wishes and Serenity-internal stuff in terms of testing. Bar any problems with Server stability, since it's basically all the Alpha Players + A lot of new 1st Wave Players. 

As mentioned, if you have any requests for Legion Content, mention them here in the Thread or PM me directly and I'll get to recording it or at least put some pics/gifs up, if your request doesn't warrant a full recording. 

If anyone IS a Retail Player on the side and got Beta, feel free to PM me as well and we can enjoy the Beta together! ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since i don't have the beta im more interested for warlock changes and mostly see if there is any change to the pvp talents ( talents in general ) and nez features they added. :D Tell us when you want to stream i will gladly watch it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Abie said:

Since i don't have the beta im more interested for warlock changes and mostly see if there is any change to the pvp talents ( talents in general ) and nez features they added. :D Tell us when you want to stream i will gladly watch it

 Beta is UP! But they got rid of the PvP Realm, otherwise I would make a Lock right away and check for you. I'll probably do it right after we're done leveling in before Dungeonswag with Serenity. No Slootbag Stream participation on the Dungeons though, gonna do it with Ashvael and Potti, since they're german.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sloot got stuck in the Queue. xD Edit: Nvm, now I'm stuck in Queue too, since I just headed right for Beta Leveling Realm 01 instead of 03. FeelsBadMan

WoWScrnShot_051216_230529.jpg

Edited by Envious
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Abie said:

Since i don't have the beta im more interested for warlock changes and mostly see if there is any change to the pvp talents ( talents in general ) and nez features they added. :D Tell us when you want to stream i will gladly watch it

Back on my toes. Going to do the last 5 levels this session and your Warlock Talents at the end of that. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just a little question that im sure of but i want to be 100% sure,are the transmogs shared account wide or its just like always that you have to get your stuff for each of your chars?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About Legion Feral Druids

Can you select any skin for cat with different artefact combo or they're still race based? (Example: you're stuck with same model and you can only change color)
 

Edited by Atropos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TitanFurryWf said:

just a little question that im sure of but i want to be 100% sure,are the transmogs shared account wide or its just like always that you have to get your stuff for each of your chars?

There's a bit of weird info going around, but the general word is (and what it seems like ingame) you can only unlock Class-specific items on the Class it's for and then use it on all other characters of said class. Same with Armor Types. Warriors can only unlock Plate Armor xmog in general, Mages cloth, hunters mail etc.

So, you're very likely to just get the items on said character. 

Furthermore, just to get this right before it comes up: You still have to go to the Transmog NPC as well, unless you have an Expedition Yak. No on-the-fly xmogging. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Atropos said:

About Legion Feral Druids

Can you select any skin for cat with different artefact combo or they're still race based? (Example: you're stuck with same model and you can only change color)
 

You can select any Artifact Skin with any Druid Race. All models and colors are the same across all races as well. The only thing that you can't do with your Artifact, is show your old Catform.

General Update: Hit LvL 110 now, so every kind of Request is now allowed and supported.

Edited by Envious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.5.2016 at 11:05 PM, Abie said:

Since i don't have the beta im more interested for warlock changes and mostly see if there is any change to the pvp talents ( talents in general ) and nez features they added. :D Tell us when you want to stream i will gladly watch it

There were no changes to the Warlock PvP Talent tree as it seems. The Wowhead PvP Talent Calc (http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-pvp) is up-to-date. 

General Update Part²: Going to sleep now, 2 days of straight leveling have worn me out. :D Any requests put in from now (14.05.2016) will be answered tomorrow (15.05.2016).

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Envious said:

There were no changes to the Warlock PvP Talent tree as it seems. The Wowhead PvP Talent Calc (http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-pvp) is up-to-date. 

General Update Part²: Going to sleep now, 2 days of straight leveling have worn me out. :D Any requests put in from now (14.05.2016) will be answered tomorrow (15.05.2016).

Do that man, the job you have done and the information you have provided so far is really much and its appreciated!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Envious said:

There's a bit of weird info going around, but the general word is (and what it seems like ingame) you can only unlock Class-specific items on the Class it's for and then use it on all other characters of said class. Same with Armor Types. Warriors can only unlock Plate Armor xmog in general, Mages cloth, hunters mail etc.

So, you're very likely to just get the items on said character. 

Furthermore, just to get this right before it comes up: You still have to go to the Transmog NPC as well, unless you have an Expedition Yak. No on-the-fly xmogging. 

 

but when you go to the xmog npc you just choose stuff between all that you've gotten or you still have to save the armour you have in the bank and take it there to use it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TitanFurryWf said:

but when you go to the xmog npc you just choose stuff between all that you've gotten or you still have to save the armour you have in the bank and take it there to use it? 

Nope, you can just go there and choose stuff. 

Sidenote: The Hide Helmet/Cloak/Shoulder Options are now also only accessible via the Transmog NPC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Envious said:

Nope, you can just go there and choose stuff. 

Sidenote: The Hide Helmet/Cloak/Shoulder Options are now also only accessible via the Transmog NPC.

i never understood why people hide the helmets/shoulders,i get why people would hide the cloaks but why hiding those? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Beta stuff for an unknown amount of time. The Beta Servers are NA Servers and there seems to be a problem right now, that utterly cripples an EU Player's ability to log onto the Beta Servers. 

Will post here, once I'm able to log back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aight, back in the Beta, doing stuff with twitch.tv/slootbag and a couple o' others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now