krizo

[Declined] Announcing a Server is Down

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I would really appreciate if a GM would update all the users over forums when at-least the server is down or any other issue which relates to alot of users. I understand that the GM's get busy with working on to fix the issue,

It you would really be nice if you could update that on forums so the users know that your actually know your working to fix the issue and not post nasty comments over new threads or even worse leave the server.I know 2 who have already left they were both good friends of mine IG.

I believe there would be alot others who would agree to this topic.

2 people like this

I do agree in a sense, I am not upset with the admins I just want to know what is going on and when I can expect to get back on the game. Been playing PWI a bit but really would rather be on MoP.

1 person likes this

I do agree in a sense, I am not upset with the admins I just want to know what is going on and when I can expect to get back on the game. Been playing PWI a bit but really would rather be on MoP.

Greetings,

I'm sure there will be some sort of post Implemented to inform you, however like you said. You want to know the ETA to get back in-game, but most of the time (with big crashes or updates) this is unknown. We had a post which showed if the realms were online, and if they weren't possible reasons why they aren't. It is a good idea.

Kind regards,

Game Master Kothego.

1 person likes this

Greetings,

I'm sure there will be some sort of post Implemented to inform you, however like you said. You want to know the ETA to get back in-game, but most of the time (with big crashes or updates) this is unknown. We had a post which showed if the realms were online, and if they weren't possible reasons why they aren't. It is a good idea.

Kind regards,

Game Master Kothego.

That is all I wanted to know, the problem is unknown so the ETA is indeterminable this gives me an idea of not to keep checking every 30mins so I can go do something for a while and check back later in the day to see what has happened. Thank you.

There is a server status on the main website. firestorm-server.com/welcome/realms

It doesn't say why the server is down. But it does state if a server is down. When there is a 0 player mark that usually means it is offline. It also shows that time it's been online. When it says 0 there as well that's another indication it's off.

Edited by Isán Kendall

Server was offline,a lot of people was unable to log in,however server status shows that 300 people is online and server as well when i checked.:D I think that not working well.

1 person likes this

Greetings,

Kind regards,

Game Master Kothego.

Hi Kothego,

We are back to square one at this really.The part where u say "will" highlighted on top leaves me blank again.Well thats that,prolly game admins would be able to answer that.

But seriously speaking, i come from a 7 years IT background at Cisco, and we go through big crashes and updates exactly like you mentioned BUT  we have a tentative "Date or Time" set to it.In this case you can give us a time lets take a day or a week to a max if everything is pritty messed up BUT at least users wont bug anyone at all " since we all clear about the eta".

I dont like to annoy a GM/Admin aswell when somethings down...but for you i understand u might get tonnes of mail written the same thing who wants to reply to that bull...but then thats where u loose the money and a players interest to be on this server.well taking todays instance checked on the forums for an admin who's online and i emailed one of the admins asking my game wasnt working then i went around in forums to see if  there were any others who were facing this same issue,and there i saw 2 different posts talking about the same thing and both had upset users who trash talk in them about the admins.

Theres 2 simple things the addmins will have to do to accomplish this probably.

1. make suspension rule on spam post's about server downs or login issues etc are made. ( idk if this is already in place)

2. make a different section where you post a timeline of events detailing about the downtime or just a trail post saying the time the server will be up.

Here in this case no one will make unnecessary threads, since they already know of the downtime and actually an added advantages to all the gm's and the admins on the server from being nailed on from users.

Well since this is just a suggestion,i would really appreciate if someone could deeply think, how much of a benefit would it be for everybody :) 

1 person likes this

Hello everyone,

You're always informed when the realms are being brought down for maintenance or anything else actually. Whenever we need to update the realms, or bring them down, it will be announced on the News & Announcements section. If the realms are down, and you haven't been informed (there's both a timer in-game, and a post about it) then it's just a simple crash and it wouldn't take more than 5 minutes before the realms are up again. If it takes longer than that, due to a big error, then you're informed as soon as possible as well. Do note that Game Masters don't know why it crashed, as we don't have access to the notification system that explains why etc. And developers and admins sleep during night, French timezone. So that means that, even if the game crashes for an hour, Game Masters are clueless. What I had on Pandashan was a thread that informed of the kind of reaosns why the realms would be down, and we updated it from "online"  to " offline"  but that's the most we can do, if it happens during night.

Regards,

Velanor

1 person likes this

Thanks Velanor,

I totally understand what you mean.

what my point here is We dont know WHEN exactly the server comes up,we are given notices that it will, and we know it will but we dont know when exactly.

Since that crave to just get back in game is there.... you would want to keep checking on the server again and again after 10-15 minutes interval...then happen's to be it take atleast a day for it to solve.If we really know when the server comes back up we could really do some other things mean while when we know that the server is going to be down for quite some time.

I understand theres nothing GM's can do about that,but someone should have an answer to this ... . I would fight for this topic over and over posts but... its takes only 1 sentence to update over the forums for the Admins to solve my and probably many others problem.