Zombie

player chooseable exprate

26 posts in this topic

The current Trinitycore servers have an option where the owner of the server sets a maximum exp rate, and with a command ingame the players can choose their own exp rate as long as it's lower then the max and higher then 0.

Could this be implemented in the firestorm servers??

I've seen this on another server. It was very sucessful.

This is great idea as it lets people choose their experience like, if they want to do a 1x Blizz like or a 5x rate to get to end game quicker. This honestly could be a plus for the servers.

Greetings,

In my opinion this would be a cool feature on the server.

However, I highly doubt this would be implemented, I'm not sure but I doubt it.

Since this would possible cause issues with leveling and such.

Kind regards,

Game Master Kothego

Greetings,

Kind regards,

Game Master Kothego

I disagree with you. Letting users choose their leveling experience from the default one would bring people that like other types of leveling. Not everyone likes the speedy leveling that is the default leveling. People like a challenge and grind for their levels. I don't see how this would cause issues, could you explain what issues it would cause Kothego?

Greetings,

Kind regards,

Game Master Kothego

it has been implemented on most trinitycore servers. so unless the core is radically different exp wise, it should be possible.

The database would need another field per character where the the exp rate per char is saved.

then in the core the function that handles the final exp to a char would be modified with the exp modifier.

it has been implemented on most trinitycore servers. so unless the core is radically different exp wise, it should be possible.

The database would need another field per character where the the exp rate per char is saved.

then in the core the function that handles the final exp to a char would be modified with the exp modifier.

It's not so much about how many s it's been implemented on other servers,

It's more that from experience I know at the developers would like stay as close to "Blizz-like" as they can.

5x is already a lot, like I said; I'm not sure, it's just what I expect from what I've seen so far.

Kind regards,

Game Master Kothego.

but with the chooseable exp people can only choose 1,2,3,4,5 exprate  thus closer to blizzlike

but with the chooseable exp people can only choose 1,2,3,4,5 exprate  thus closer to blizzlike

Not exactly, since on the Blizzard realms you're not able to choose the experience rate that you want. (From what I know)

It's 1 set rate, and that is what I meant with Blizz-like. 1 set rate that is for everyone.

Not exactly, since on the Blizzard realms you're not able to choose the experience rate that you want. (From what I know)

It's 1 set rate, and that is what I meant with Blizz-like. 1 set rate that is for everyone.

But it's actually the 5x exp that is un blizzlike.  the chooseable exp is more blizzlike since it enables players to use 1x exp to level. 

they can choose how blizlike they want their experience to be.

But it's actually the 5x exp that is un blizzlike.  the chooseable exp is more blizzlike since it enables players to use 1x exp to level. 

they can choose how blizlike they want their experience to be.

As I said; "That's what I meant with Blizz-like 1 set rate for everyone"

I know 5x is not Blizz-like at all, but Blizzard does have 1 experience rate everyone has to rely on, and we do too.

As I said before, I'm not sure IF they would accept or deny this, this is just my personal perspective.

1 person likes this

As I said; "That's what I meant with Blizz-like 1 set rate for everyone"

I know 5x is not Blizz-like at all, but Blizzard does have 1 experience rate everyone has to rely on, and we do too.

As I said before, I'm not sure IF they would accept or deny this, this is just my personal perspective.

We should await the verdict from the Staff

There aren't enough working quests for it to be x1

not counting grinding

There aren't enough working quests for it to be x1

not counting grinding

doesn't matter, people can choose that for themselves.

for grinding they can turn on 5x exp.

I honestly don't understand your argument Kothego.

Adding a change able XP rate lets people choose their experience. We aren't suggesting to make it go higher than the default rate. Making it go lowers lets people actually do a blizzard leveling rate. If the devs want a smooth blizzlike experience then the ability to lower the xp rate would be following the devs wishes to make it blizz like come true.

I honestly don't understand your argument Kothego.

Adding a change able XP rate lets people choose their experience. We aren't suggesting to make it go higher than the default rate. Making it go lowers lets people actually do a blizzard leveling rate. If the devs want a smooth blizzlike experience then the ability to lower the xp rate would be following the devs wishes to make it blizz like come true.

he means that on retail everyone has the same exp rate.

I get his argument.

But being able to choose a real blizzlike exp rate is also blizlzike.

So it's choosing one blizzlike or the other blizzlike.

but none of our arguments matter, it's the staff that will choose if it can and should be implemeted.

Greetings, 

that's not a bad idea. In fact, this is already implemented on Lich King realms: players can decide between x1, x3 and x5 (I think) ratings, just at the beginning of the game, and can change it whenever they want. Not bad I guess.

Have a nice day.

bumping allowed?

Its cool idea. There could be also some rewards for hardcore leveling. For example special mounts for lvling at 1 rate without changeing it. If we choose lvl at 1 rat on lvl 1 we would get quest or something like that. It would allow us to choose reward

Greetings, 

that's not a bad idea. In fact, this is already implemented on Lich King realms: players can decide between x1, x3 and x5 (I think) ratings, just at the beginning of the game, and can change it whenever they want. Not bad I guess.

Have a nice day.

If this is already implemented on the WotLK realms, how does one go about invoking the rate modifier?

If this is already implemented on the WotLK realms, how does one go about invoking the rate modifier?

He meant that it has been implemented trinitycore.

Firestorm has made their own branch of trinitycore a long time ago, So firestorm doesn't have the updates trinitycore has and vice versa.

But since a lot of the core structure is probably still the same, it should be possible to implement it like trinitycore did.

He meant that it has been implemented trinitycore.

Firestorm has made their own branch of trinitycore a long time ago, So firestorm doesn't have the updates trinitycore has and vice versa.

But since a lot of the core structure is probably still the same, it should be possible to implement it like trinitycore did.

Ahhhh, the way it was written, it sounded like it was already an implemented patch. If it was, I'd have dropped to 1x rates awhile ago.

Hello.

Ashran (WoD server for Firestorm) is trying to acquire as blizz-like experience as possible.

Adding something like this would not fit "blizz-like" title anymore.

Regards.

8 hours ago, DrSandwich said:

Hello.

Ashran (WoD server for Firestorm) is trying to acquire as blizz-like experience as possible.

Adding something like this would not fit "blizz-like" title anymore.

Regards.

not having the blizzlike rate is not blizzlike to...

it's unblizzlike either way.

yet being able to play with blizzlike rate would be more blizzlike for the player.

1 person likes this

I believe that they have current exp rates because of stuff that's not fixed. It would be hard to level when lots of quests are bugged.

You could level on creeps, then.