Sam

[Mop] Rare Mounts And Unique Items

51 posts in this topic

I'm trying to track down Aeonaxx, but he's neither stationary or in the sky.. He is in fact gone O.o...

58 minutes ago, Xgaard said:

I'm trying to track down Aeonaxx, but he's neither stationary or in the sky.. He is in fact gone O.o...

Hasnt spawned yet then and sum1 has killed him.nab. hes stationary he doesnt move at all he isnt gone i saw him a few hrs ago while lvlin my dk

anyone know houlon's new spawning time? i'm pretty sure its gotten alot longer

Just killed Aeonaxx like 20mins ago. He's stationary on the coordinates OP provided

Is Posideus still spawning at that spot?

Poseidus still is at that spot, yes.

Also ALL timers have been set way higher. This Tutorial was released a long time ago, not even for the Legion server, so meanwhile all timers for rare mobs dropping mounts have been increased as well as the chances of things like the Onyxian Drake from Onyxia being percentage-based dungeon-/instancedrops have been lowered to retail chances, iirc.

Oh yeah, that happened together with mounts popping up in the shop so if you really want something: buy it.

On 8.02.2017 г. at 1:10 PM, Kitzelkritz said:

Poseidus still is at that spot, yes.

Also ALL timers have been set way higher. This Tutorial was released a long time ago, not even for the Legion server, so meanwhile all timers for rare mobs dropping mounts have been increased as well as the chances of things like the Onyxian Drake from Onyxia being percentage-based dungeon-/instancedrops have been lowered to retail chances, iirc.

Oh yeah, that happened together with mounts popping up in the shop so if you really want something: buy it.

Sorry for the the question if it is stupid i am new to this game BUT IS THERE A WAY TO FIND OUT WHEN  Poseidus Wll spawn again and is he spanting at server reset

4 minutes ago, stoi4o said:

Sorry for the the question if it is stupid i am new to this game BUT IS THERE A WAY TO FIND OUT WHEN  Poseidus Wll spawn again and is he spanting at server reset

Hello stoi4o, No there is no way to know when a rare mob will spawn again but everything respawns when server crashes/respawns, Alternatively you can buy it on the auction house like i did,

Regards, Titan (trial forum mod)

I'm sorry, this is for Legion or WOD?

20 hours ago, Dxvid21 said:

I'm sorry, this is for Legion or WOD?

Hello Dxvid21, I believe it should be the same on both expansions.

Regards, Titan (trial forum mod)

guys where does Zadalari warbringer spawn in our server?...i waited in the spot provided in the wowhead. for 1 hour but still no sign..

Huolon spawns in Sylvanas 5 yards out of range for anyone except hunters. It's impossible to hit him.

can someone update this list? i tried getting ashes of a'lar a couple times and still no luck. did they remove the loot? also ive tried houlon and no mount dropped too. 

This guide was originally written for MoP. A lot has changed since then. I might write a new guide with updates when I have the information about spawns. Gorbilocks, do not worry, the ashes mount drops. You just need to keep trying. As for thundering, I have no idea.

@Gorbilocks 

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=73167/huolon#drops has a 1% drop chance, it can take 100 kills (or more because of rng) to drop the mount. Taken the roughly 2 hour respawn time that means 200 hours of challenging farming:  Huolon most of the time spawns too high to reach it with 40yd range attacks, and each time there is the challenge to team up with others rather than competing and wasting time.

A tip:  when both factions are farming together, it is a working solution that the person pulling Huolon down from the air uses the weakest ranged attack he has, maybe downgraded gear, this way Huolon is not one-hit, and the other faction's player has a chance to tag it.  One _tag_ (one spell cast on Huolon) is enough in each _group_ for all players to be able to loot.

Sometimes it happens that the corpse cannot be looted, as Huolon does not drop coins and there is a decent chance of no drop at all. In my experience this is not bug, as other team members had some loot.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=32458/ashes-of-alar  will also take more than a few tries with 1.8% official drop chance. Firestorm drop rates generally follow retail rates, so wowhead is a valuable source of information regarding this topic.

On 20/10/2017 at 0:04 PM, Sam said:

This guide was originally written for MoP. A lot has changed since then. I might write a new guide with updates when I have the information about spawns. Gorbilocks, do not worry, the ashes mount drops. You just need to keep trying. As for thundering, I have no idea.

If you do mention me.

Here are some rare mounts spawns for those who were asking. Note that those spots are the same and never change. You can find the coords to the bottom right corner of each image.

Time-Lost Proto Drake:

mKR5Qqt.jpg

Rukhmar (Mount + Toy) WoD expansion:

2MpsJwD.jpg

See you guys later.

hi guys i was wondering weather the spot for poseidus is changed or is it on the same spot . (sry for bad english)

Does Time Lost Proto Spawn on the BFA server...and if yes is it on the same spot?

1 hour ago, macu64e said:

Does Time Lost Proto Spawn on the BFA server...and if yes is it on the same spot?

Not idea but later i go there and i let you know if It spawns there

Been there for a long time every day for the last 5 days :S...Horde Hunter Dredzuly :P

Here is the spot for https://www.wowhead.com/npc=50985/poundfist It is the same spot in legion and BfA (I have checked on both). You can see it on map and also find the coordinates to the bottom right corner.

wow.thumb.png.cade2512bb06fe6bc1fc6909567807f1.png

If I remember right, the respawn timer is two hours. For those who keep asking, the time lost proto NPC spawns at the same spot. Though, it has a long spawn time. I believe it is 24h. So, be patient and know that many people read the guide here and know its exact location now. So, you are competing with tens if not hundreds of players.

Edited by Sam

Aeonaxx no longers spawns on the rock, but rather on the ground underneath the rock.

WoWScrnShot_082520_172141.jpg

Also, this is where I found the Time-lost proto drake the other day while mining:

WoWScrnShot_100820_125824.jpg

I am looking for the tlpd too, is the spawn the same as in this picture or did it change to the top right of the map?

Edited by Darkcorrosion