Sam

[Mop] Rare Mounts And Unique Items

51 posts in this topic

So, you want a specific elite? You have been looking for it and cannot find it? This guide is for you. I will show you the exact spawn spots so you can go there and just wait for them to spawn. I will focus on the elites that drop mounts and add more elites in the future.

Alani

It drops http://www.wowhead.c...y-cloud-serpent. The spawn time is 4h.

Open the Vale of Eternal Blossoms map and head to the spot marked by the blue square:

4r7Opfr.jpg

Alani is tricky. You would have to stand on the sword there to be able to pull it down and dps it. When you pull it down, just stand there and dps. Do not move at all. If you fall, it resets.

Huolon

It drops http://www.wowhead.c...x-cloud-serpent. The spawn time is 10m.

Open the Timeless Isle map and head to the spot marked by the blue square:

6nON0To.jpg

Note that there are plenty of mobs and an elite with high HP that you need to kill before pulling Huolon, or you die fast.

Aeonaxx

It drops http://www.wowhead.c...ent-stone-drake. The spawn time is 5h.

Open the Deepholm map and head to the spot marked by the blue square (exact coords 44.9, 49):

hn2IPye.jpg

Note that Aeonaxx stands on the highest rock at that location in the sky. It does not move and just stands there on the rock. Fly up into the sky until you find the highest and largest rock that does not have any rock above it.

Dormus the Camel-Hoarder

It drops http://www.wowhead.c...ey-riding-camel(the only Camel currently acquirable) and also gives you the Camel-Hoarder title. The spawn time is 2h.

Open the Feralas map and head to the spot marked by the blue square:

VcQc3hk.jpg

This elite is quite tricky. It is bugged. So, the boss will show as dead always even when it is alive. How do you know if its alive? Simply, see if its standing or laying on its back. If it is standing then its alive. The loot on this boss is bugged. So, here is how you will deal with it. Before pulling the boss head to its left and keep moving on the shore until you find the only crab mob there. After that move Dormus near the mob. You will not be able to go all the way (mostly). Though, you can meet it half way. Kill Dormus then move to the crab mob and taunt it. I repeat taunt it with any of your spells that do not do damage. Keep running until the crab becomes near Dormus for AoE loot. Kill it then loot it. You will be able to loot the mount from Dormus now.  Make sure you read this segment more than one time before you start.

Poseidus

It drops http://www.wowhead.c...ins-of-poseidus, the most wanted mount ingame. Few people know the spot for this elite and since it is BoE. People camp it always. It took me a while to find the spot since it is in a custom location (cannot be found on wowhead or other official databases). The spawn time is 24h.

Open the Abyssal Depths map and head to the spot marked by the blue square (the exacts coords are 41.9, 75.8). When you go there you will find those elites named Devious Great-Eel near you with 223k HP. That is how you know you are in the right spot if you are not using a coords addon.

6pT7L3L.jpg

Here is a photo to show you the exact spot where it stands:

fhHbGfX.jpg

Like I said earlier, this is the most camped elite there is.

Zandalari Warbringer

It drops http://www.wowhead.c...ordial-direhorn. Spawn time from 5-10m.

You can find the elites at the spots provided by this link:

http://www.wowhead.c...lari-warbringer

Note that the elites have high HP so you probably cannot solo this unless you are kiting which is not easy and takes a long time for you to kill the elite.

Kael'thas Sunstrider

It drops the http://www.wowhead.c...8/ashes-of-alar.

You can find this boss inside the Tempest Keep raid. Though, there is an issue with it like the Dormus boss. The boss goes into the sky and it does not come down. So, go ahead and kill it when it is in air. After that, run as fast as you can to the nearest mob then taunt it. Do not kill it. Just aggro it and run back to the boss. Then, stand on the boss and kill the mob and loot the mob to see if the mount dropped or not.

Notes:

1. The spawn times provided has 1-15m margin. So, add 1-15m to them.

2. If you see someone camping a spot for an elite especially the ones that drop items that can be farmed, just stand with them. They might know the exact time it will spawn.

3. The spawn locations I provided are the exact spawn locations and there are no alternatives to them. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. I have tested every single one of them.

4. Use the SimpleCoords v2.1 addon for coords provided. It is the best coords addon out there:

http://www.wowinterf...=7816&aid=80881

I will be updating the guide adding new elites in the future and hence the unique items in the title. If you like the guide let me know.

Edited by Alan
Fixing a spelling mistake on the title
15 people like this

Thank you uncle Sam.

1 person likes this

Dormus the Camel-Hoarder works now fine, few days ago i checked him and he didnt had the death bug, he can be killed and lootet now simple.

Dormus the Camel-Hoarder works now fine, few days ago i checked him and he didnt had the death bug, he can be killed and lootet now simple.

Nice, I guess they applied my fix after all. I was gone for a while and did not check it out.

Dormus the Camel-Hoarder still spawn??

Yes it still spawn, i just killed it and get the mount.

Nice guide, but i couldn't get the first two mounts. i'm searching the rest :D

1 person likes this

According to Drag, Alani spawns at a new spot here (check the arrow):

http://imgur.com/XbOHFba

I cannot edit my first post to add this information, though.

Huolon is not more spawned, and probably no loot.

Huolon is not more spawned, and probably no loot.

Yes its not loot-able anymore for some reason

i want to know poundfist and pathrunner 's spawn point and timegap,anyone knows?

What should I do if Kael Thas died in air? How can I loot him?

On 12/3/2015 at 0:25 AM, Raidboss said:

What should I do if Kael Thas died in air? How can I loot him?

The answer is in the guide.

i think huolon didnt spawn for 10m cuz i killed him and i wait about 20+minutes and didnt spawned ???

On 10/8/2015 at 11:01 AM, Sam said:

So, you want a specific elite? You have been looking for it and cannot find it? This guide is for you. I will show you the exact spawn spots so you can go there and just wait for them to spawn. I will focus on the elites that drop mounts and add more elites in the future.

Alani

It drops Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent. The spawn time is 4h.

Open the Vale of Eternal Blossoms map and head to the spot marked by the blue square:

4r7Opfr.jpg

Alani is tricky. You would have to stand on the sword there to be able to pull it down and dps it. When you pull it down, just stand there and dps. Do not move at all. If you fall, it resets.

do you need  10x inv_jewelcrafting_gem_42.gif Skyshard.   still to attack him - i killed him and there was no loot

You need 10x Skyshards to kill alani, or he aint being attacked, since if you find an way to attack he without the shards he will drop nothing, sadly the shards are really rare and hard to get so good luck scavenging.

On 2-1-2016 at 10:42 AM, OtOn10 said:

i think huolon didnt spawn for 10m cuz i killed him and i wait about 20+minutes and didnt spawned ???

That's seems to be correct, this one and a couple of others don't spawn within the correct anymore. Some will take hours to respawn, which should have been within 30 minutes or so according to wowhead. It needs some fixing

1 person likes this

On 25.04.2016 г. at 4:11 PM, ton714 said:

That's seems to be correct, this one and a couple of others don't spawn within the correct anymore. Some will take hours to respawn, which should have been within 30 minutes or so according to wowhead. It needs some fixing

pff but when they will fix it and do u play on taran'3hu mop server cu3 the information i give it is about this server and i see u playing grommash wod.

On 25.4.2016 at 3:11 PM, ton714 said:

Reports Would be great! x) To Topic: Alani and Huolon got now waypoints.

I've camped  Aeonaxx for 7h now and still no sight of him

32 minutes ago, Rakdus said:

I've camped  Aeonaxx for 7h now and still no sight of him

I've moved him into the sky since there was some report about that he wasnt attackable on the ground.

On 04/06/2016 at 1:33 PM, Mikrole said:

I've moved him into the sky since there was some report about that he wasnt attackable on the ground.

Could you by any chance take a print of it? Would be much apreciated :)

Edited by Rakdus

On 04/06/2016 at 1:33 PM, Mikrole said:

is he still on the spot on the guide or is he flying in the sky's randomly ?

4 hours ago, Abie said:

is he still on the spot on the guide or is he flying in the sky's randomly ?

No, he is on the same spot, waypoints might come soon.

5 hours ago, Rakdus said:

Could you by any chance take a print of it? Would be much apreciated :)

Where is then the fun by hunting him? :P

1 person likes this

Ok where is the Huolon Place cant find him... @Tournament