Cyberhawk04

WW monk viable in PVP?

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys! I wanna know if monks viable in pvp in WoD? I ask this because I have heard bad reviews about ww monk pvp. I'm new to this server so I haven't tried it myself. I don't want to lvl a class only to find it unplayable at lvl 100 pvp. I'm comming from a MoP server and monks were op over there. Thanks in advance! :D

They are in the lower middle field. Just look up Venruki's WoD in-depth WW monk guide, they have 1-2 good combs for Arena, and for RBGs there are way better choices. I played one on life and they perform ok (still nobody wanted me for RBGs and for arena walking dead comb was the only solid choice people would play with me), if you like WW and their play style it's worth rolling one because it's on of the most actives and fun to play spec's for WoD, but if you want to stomp in arena/bgs there are better alternatives boomkin/feral/hunter/enhance for example.

Edited by Ezuna

Thanks for replying and did you just mention enhance? I know they are good, turbo cleave won the blizzcon but don't they get reckt in 2s(without a healer) and 1v1. I won't be doing 3s for now so avoid suggesting class that do well 3s but not in other formats apart from that I'm open to other suggestions.

Well for 2vs2 best combs are (Healer can always replaced by DPS):

Tier 1 (easiest to play combo's):

• Assa. Rogue + Healer
  • SV Hunter + Healer
  • UH DK + Healer
  • Frost Mage + SV Hunter
  • Arms Warrior + Healer

Tier 2 (still strong but not FOTM):

• Feral + Healer/DPS
  • Frost Mage + Assa/Sub Rogue
  • Frost Mage + Boomkin
  • Demo/Destro Lock + Frost Mage
  • Demo/Destro Lock + SV/BM Hunter

Tier 3 (requires more skill to play at 2,2k+):

• Enhance Shaman + Arms Warrior
  • Boomkin + Destro Lock
  • WW Monk + UH DK
  • Affli Lock + Healer
  • 2x Assa Rogue/ Assa Rogue + Feral
  • WW Monk + Enhance Shaman
  • Ele Shaman + DPS

Top Tier Healer for 2vs2:

1. Holy Paladin (playable with ever DPS)
  2. Disc. Priest (After the buffs for Disc. its a pain in the ass to kill them)
  3. Resto Druid (good utility and with heart of the wild they can deal some serious damage, i got around 120-150k ferocious bites at WoD season 2)
  4. Resto Shaman (best with Warrior or Rogue, but also works good with Mage/Hunter)
  5. MW Monk (Tier 1 and Tier 2 Combs will just train/burst you down, way better in 3vs3)
  6. Holy Priest (just don't)

Just now, Ezuna said:

Well for 2vs2 best combs are (Healer can always replaced by DPS):

Tier 1 (easiest to play combo's):

• Assa. Rogue + Healer
  • SV Hunter + Healer
  • UH DK + Healer
  • Frost Mage + SV Hunter
  • Arms Warrior + Healer

Tier 2 (still strong but not FOTM):

• Feral + Healer/DPS
  • Frost Mage + Assa/Sub Rogue
  • Frost Mage + Boomkin
  • Demo/Destro Lock + Frost Mage
  • Demo/Destro Lock + SV/BM Hunter

Tier 3 (requires more skill to play at 2,2k+):

• Enhance Shaman + Arms Warrior
  • Boomkin + Destro Lock
  • WW Monk + UH DK
  • Affli Lock + Healer
  • 2x Assa Rogue/ Assa Rogue + Feral
  • WW Monk + Enhance Shaman
  • Ele Shaman + DPS

Top Tier Healer for 2vs2:

1. Holy Paladin (playable with ever DPS)
  2. Disc. Priest (After the buffs for Disc. its a pain in the ass to kill them)
  3. Resto Druid (good utility and with heart of the wild they can deal some serious damage, i got around 120-150k ferocious bites at WoD season 2)
  4. Resto Shaman (best with Warrior or Rogue, but also works good with Mage/Hunter)
  5. MW Monk (Tier 1 and Tier 2 Combs will just train/burst you down, way better in 3vs3)
  6. Holy Priest (just don't)

I see you did a lot of work here, thanks for the suggestions! I'll level a hunter or a mage to begin with(can't really go wrong with a hunt or mage xD) and see how the end game feels like. Ty again see you in game :)