vhfgama

Hunter's Bug

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

it seems that this server has a problem with pets. I'm new here and i noticed that all pets that i tame are the same. They have the same atk, safe def and same life and most important, same abilities.

Can i fix tis?

Thank you!

If you are talking about latest expansions, WoD and MoP(I think), then that is normal. Blizz changed pets a lot over time and now they mostly have same abilities and hunters can choose whether they want them to be Cunning, Ferocity or Tenacity. It no longer depends on species.

Here is changelog from WoWpedia, which I think sums things up:

- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Hunter Pets now inherit 60% of the Hunter's Attack Power (up from 33%)."
- Hotfix (2014-10-16): "Stag pets should now correctly apply the Grace buff when summoned."

- WoD Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
Hunter pets now have a 1-second global cooldown.
All full crowd-control abilities have been removed from Hunter pets and replaced those with new abilities, including spreading some that were previously restricted to exotic pets.
For an in-depth description of this patch change, see Patch 6.0.2#Hunter pet abilities

- MoP Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Pets can now switch between being Cunning, Ferocity, and Tenacity type pets.
Cataclysm Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26):
Pets will now level with hunters in the same way warlock pets currently do. Also, summoned pets now start with 100 focus, up from 0.
The Happiness/Pet Loyalty System has been removed. Hunters will no longer have to manage Happiness for their pets, and the previous damage bonus for pets being happy will now be baseline for all tamed pets.
Now tamed pets match the hunter's level

- Cataclysm Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Numerous changes. Many pet abilities have been replaced or altered. Hunters now start with pets at level 1. Whenever a hunter is more than 3 levels above a pet, the pet levels to within 3 levels of the hunter.
WotLK Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Hunter pets now have 100% of their master's resilience; increased from 40%.
Hotfix (2009-04-16): "Hunter pets should now have their talents refunded when a Hunter switches talent specs, even if they are dismissed at the time."

- WotLK Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): All Cunning, Ferocity, and Tenacity pets now have identical bonuses - +5% Health,+5% Armor,+5% Damage.

- WotLK Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): All Hunter pet abilities with a cooldown of 30 seconds or more are no longer on the global cooldown.

- WotLK Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Major revisions to the pet system, see patch notes for details.

- WoW Icon 16x16.png Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22):
Hunter pets can now be untrained of all their skills from any beast trainer in the major cities.
Hunter pets can now learn a maximum of four active abilities.
Hunter pets now gain experience based on the level difference between them and their target rather than the difference between the Hunters and their target.
Hunters are now able to name their pets while mounted.

- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Unstabling dead pets no longer puts players into a degenerate state where their pet only partially exists. Unstabled dead pets can now be properly revived, and players can no longer train more pets than their stable can hold.

- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): When a non-Hunter resurrects a pet, the pet will no longer receive resurrection sickness.

- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07):
Fixed a bug where Hunter pets were sometimes unattackable by opposing faction players.
Fixed a bug where creatures were keeping their innate resistances after being tamed. This was unintentional and the fix will affect all existing pets.
Hunter pets immediately gain training points when they level up.

Then all pets are the same thing?

Not exactly some give different buffs and have different attack or two depending on family they belong to. Not sure about stats check wowhead 

Topic locked and moved to archive due to inactivity.