Unira

linux Complete Firestorm Linux Guide

27 posts in this topic

Wont to play on Firestorm server with linux? No problem. I using Debian GNU/Linux 8.5 "Jessie" but this guide will be work on other popular linux distributions.

1. Download Full game

Easy way is download from torrent, go on link https://monova.org/torrent/39479862/world-of-warcraft-6-2-3-full-firestorm.html and download torrent file and with Torrent client download "World of Warcraft 6.2.3 Full - Firestorm"

2. Install PlayOnLinux

I using Debian GNU/Linux Jessie 8.5 distribution and installation is very simple and fast. Open console as root and install program with:

apt-get install playonlinux

If wont last version of PlayOnLinux go on https://www.playonlinux.com/en/download.html and check information how to install.

3. Configure PlayOnLinux for Wine

Click on Tools->Manage Wine versions
img-wine1bc8bb.png

Click on "Wine versions (x86)" and I select 1.9.12-staging
img-wine2f305b.png

img-wine3cc6c1.png

Click next and wait to download wine and some packages...

img-wine47e726.png

img-wine5635d1.png

img-wine65562f.png

Wine now is ready for use, now close wine versions manager and going on next step.

img-wine7a315e.png

4. Configure PlayOnLinux for WOW

In main window have toolbar and click Configure, click New, click Next

img-pl1a9cad.png

img-pl29ef26.png

Select "32 bits windows installation" and click on Next

img-pl3546d8.png

Select Wine from step 2. and click Next

img-pl409fc1.png

Choose the name of virtual drive I use "Firestorm" and click Next

img-pl508a06.png

5. Make account on Firestorm

Open link https://firestorm-servers.com/en/welcome and complete form: username,email,password then click on Register and check mail for verification account.

img-fs-web11fd0e.png

6. Install Full Game client and Firestorm Launcher

Open file manager and in "PlayOnLinux's virtual drives->Firestorm->drive_c" make folder "Games" and copy game downloaded from torrent in Games folder

img-file1ea7cd.png

img-file2cae1f.png

Open link https://firestorm-servers.com/en/welcome/play login (if not loged), on section JOIN US select expansion: Warlords of Draenor

img-fs-web23b377.png

Click on Choose (WOD), and You will got link for download launcher, download and save FirestormLauncherSetup.exe

img-fs-web301e0d.png

Now going to install Firestorm Launcher, click Configure on toolbar of PlayOnLinux and select Firestorm

img_inst1c8158.png

Click on Miscellaneous and click on "Run a .exe file in this virtual drive", and select FirestormLauncherSetup.exe

img_inst2f7042.png

img_inst3019fd.png

img_inst45e85b.png

img_inst55edbf.png

img_inst6d620b.png

img_inst792b5d.png

7. FireStorm Launcher

After star Firestorm Launcher You will got this:

img-fl1bbec2.png

Enter e-mail, password and click on LOG IN, then click on icone "Warlords od Draenor" (last row) and click on "Already Installed ?".

img-fl2c794a.png

Select "My Computer->C:->Games->World of Warcraft 6.2.3 Full - Firestorm" and click OK

img-fl3b79ca.png

Selected folder contain the full game, click Yes

img-fl4142dd.png

Wait to download base files, don't click Play go on step 8., close launcher.

img-fl5e4a99.png

8. Before starting game make finally preparation

Go in PlayOnLinux, click on toolbar Configure

img-pl1a9cad.png

Select Firestorm, and click on Miscellaneous then select "Open virtual drive's directory"

img-final1e3bd8.png

Now before start game make shortcut, go on PlayOnLinux and click on toolbar Configure, select Firestorm and under General select "Make a new shortcut from this virtual drive"

img-final4db42c.png

img-final50b989.png

img-final68eab6.png

img-final7a6003.png

Your PlayOnLinux now looks:

img-final878a6e.png

9. First start

Start Firestorm Launcher, click on Warlords of Draenor then click on Play, on first start You will got dialog for language, just press OK

img-final941426.png

Wait 3-5 min to show/finish finally preparation...

img-final106bd4c.png

Game will start but first time will not start OpenGL driver, now close game

Open file drive_c/Games/WOW/WTF/Firestorm.wtf

img-final2ed5b4.png

find in file:
SET gxApi "D3D11"

and replace with:
SET gxApi "OpenGL"

add if not exist video resolution (in my case 1920x1080)
SET gxResolution "1920x1080"

other option setup from game for example:
- Anti-Aliasing
- Vertical Sync
- Texture Resolution
- View Distance

etc...

10. Enjoy in game

That is all , see You in game.

* note : after start game, can't click other options in firestorm launcher just simple close and restart if need.
** note: when start game  in first 30 - 60 sec I have litle "lag" efect but after that all work perfect

5 people like this

Hello Unira!

Thank you for this tutorial, this will definitely help users playing here!

I read through it and it's pretty helpful including your images. Staff approved.

Kind Regards,

Game Master Misahky

Thanks for the guide, definitely gonna help.

Great Guide!!!!

Thank you. Will try on Linux Mint 18 x64 (Cinnamon) today. If I have any issues, I'll write them down here (probably, with solutions for them too).

I just want to say thanks. I missed this game.

Thanks a lot for this guide, works on Linux Mint 18 too.

On 18/6/2016 at 0:17 PM, Kiration said:

Thanks for the guide, definitely gonna help.

hi, im getting troubles extracting that huge file.. anyone can help me? im using ubuntu 16.04 extractring with xarchiver or that default of ubuntu app to extracting. Because if i try to extract file it will not done or done incomplete

Edited by Decadez
mistake

Thank you.  This guide was very helpful.

On 1/18/2017 at 6:35 AM, Decadez said:

hi, im getting troubles extracting that huge file.. anyone can help me? im using ubuntu 16.04 extractring with xarchiver or that default of ubuntu app to extracting. Because if i try to extract file it will not done or done incomplete

Extracting what? The torrent has the actual folder(s) which aren't archived. Do you mean PlayOnLinux? Use sudo with your package manager (apt-get) from the console to install. Avoid running console (bash, csh etc) as root as much as possible. This guide should work fine for your distribution, Ubuntu is built from a Debian base.

I did this procedure to wow legion and i got this error BLZ51900003....   Help plzzz =( 

DeepinScreenshot20170318123925.png

11 minutes ago, Miguelez said:

I did this procedure to wow legion and i got this error BLZ51900003....   Help plzzz =( 

DeepinScreenshot20170318123925.png

In future please create a technical support thread and someone will assist you, this error is incorrect log in information please use the email and password you used when you created your firestorm account to log in.

Is it normal that every time I launch the game, it overwrites the configuration with the default values? I need to restore all the settings every time i launch it.

i'm in debian 9... my problem is with the configuration file "firestorm.wtf" i only have this lines in my file:

SET gxWindow "1"
SET gxMaximize "0"
SET textLocale "enUS"
SET audioLocale "enUS"
SET playIntroMovie "7"
SET portal "legion.logon.firestorm-servers.com"

i can start game (after some minutes waiting) but i see it so bad, i think i need to change OpenGL but i can't find the lines...

I have attached how the game seems to me :S

Thanks

wow.jpg

1 person likes this

I'm having issues with Cata expansion, others like Legion and MoP runs fine, but this Cata welcomes me with a error like these, from windows it runs fine, it is in a partial download, any ideas?

Captura de pantalla_2017-12-17_10-17-49.png

Captura de pantalla_2017-12-17_10-19-19.png

Does anyone know what to do if I get the CAS error, I mean how can I fix that read-write issue in this case?

Screenshot from 2019-01-31 07-01-50.png

Please, pictures of the topic are all broken ! can u do something about that !? 

Has anyone tried this installation guide recently? Since it was made almost 3 years ago, maybe something has changed... I want to play on Ubuntu 18.04.2.

On 2/15/2019 at 2:36 PM, lalolanda475 said:

Has anyone tried this installation guide recently? Since it was made almost 3 years ago, maybe something has changed... I want to play on Ubuntu 18.04.2.

use playonlinux and change wine version to 4.0-rc7-staging. I am playing BFA right now on ubuntu 18.04 with no issues at all.

1 person likes this

On 3/16/2019 at 0:16 PM, LInuxator said:

use playonlinux and change wine version to 4.0-rc7-staging. I am playing BFA right now on ubuntu 18.04 with no issues at all.

Any success? Trying to run BFA on Manjaro, with 4.0rc7 and 4.0.2, nothing yet.

Same with Lutris, no success.

the images are gone!!

Thank you

On 3/26/2020 at 10:38 PM, kinakfr said:

Thank you

did it work for you? i havent tryed it yet am doing right now but cant find the virtual drive folder... am using linux mint 19.2

5 hours ago, Dodan said:

did it work for you? i havent tryed it yet am doing right now but cant find the virtual drive folder... am using linux mint 19.2

Not at all. I'm trying with legion expansion. I'm using ubuntu 19.10 and playonlinux  4.3.4 with wine 5.3 (x86), and selected windows7 as OS. I did install mscorefonts and gecko libraries. The game stuck in loading screen. I'm still looking for a solution...

For the virtual drive folder you can go to: home>PlayOnLinux's virtual drives>"Drive Name">drive_c

If you can't see "PlayOnLinux's virtual drives", try checking the "show hidden files" option in the files manager and then go to: home/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/"DriveName"/drive_c

foro.jpeg

Do you know how to fix the login screen issue?... i have readed in bliz forums that it might be a DDoS server protection from linux connections...

I tried this command: sudo sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128 but didn't work.

Pls help

Edited by Miolaro
Quote was too big.